Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Smart Playlist by filename/fansubber?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can i setup a smart playlist that will filter by filename. I have lots of anime and their filename contains the fansubber group. I want to create a playlist of fansubbers.

An example of a filename would be "[Commie] Sword Art Online - 05 [54B2317C].mkv" where [Commie] is the fansubber group.

XBMC v11 Eden, Windows
I added the video source "E:\download\anime" & named it "Anime"

Using XBMC GUI I created a smart playlist with the following setting:
Type: TV shows
Name: Commie-subber
Find items where: Path contains E:\download\anime\
items must match: all of the rules
Limit to: No limit
Order by: None

However my smart playlist is always empty containing nothing. but ".." to exit out
Brings up Ghost in a Shell TV series by path

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
<name>TV_Test</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="path" operator="contains">V:\TV shows\Ghost in the Shell</rule>
</smartplaylist>

Brings up all my Anime movies by path

<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>Anime</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="path" operator="contains">F:\Animation\Anime\</rule>
<order direction="ascending">year</order>
</smartplaylist>

You should be able to confirm your playlist at C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playlists\video with an editor. The playlist might be choking on the square brakets or something small. I'm not sure you can filter by file name at this point... you might have to make another playlist with your filter data and combine the contents of the first playlist with the second in a third.
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
<name>Commie-subber</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="path" operator="contains">E:\download\anime</rule>
</smartplaylist>

i looked at the xml playlist and nothing seems out of line, but yet my playlist is empty. Any other ideas why it is not working? I tried installing XBMC on my laptop and tried to make a playlist using paths but it also didn't work. Not sure what I am doing wrong.
I have to admit your playlist looks fine, at this point there may be a conflict with versions, a debug log while executing this playlist will give a lot more information. I hope the other playlists work fine and this is the only anomaly? I remember an issue I had previously, never understood what was the issue, but remade the playlist in the internal editor with a new name with the same rules and it worked. If this turns out to be a bug, Frodo has had a complete make over in this area, and this kind of issue will be temporary, yes I know for you it's a PIA
appears my playlist is empty because none of my anime is being added to the library since it doesn't register a match with any of the tv/anime scrapers.

There are two modes in xbmc, Library mode and File mode. When i added video source it only goes into the file mode. To get stuff into the library one would need to match it with scraper's database to extract more information. The way xbmc presents the menu system isn't intuitive.

"[Commie] Sword Art Online - 05 [54B2317C].mkv" is the format most of my anime is in and it isn't recognized. If i manually change it to be "Sword Art Online S01E05.mkv then it gets added and shows up in the playlist.

is there a way to add video to the library even if it doesn't match scrapers database or playlist that works with filebase mode?
You can add them as custom videos, making your own .nfo http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...tom_videos

Yes smart playlists only work on the library.
(2012-08-14, 04:49)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]You can add them as custom videos, making your own .nfo http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...tom_videos

Yes smart playlists only work on the library.

justUseTheFilename' scraper, Awesome. Just what i needed