Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ialmrnt5 display driver has stopped working BSOD on XP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im trying to use an old dell (http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/sy...pecs02.htm) as a media center with xbmc and i can open xbmc and navigate the main menu (videos, programs, system, etc) but once i select any of those items it freezes and then blue screens with that error (ialmrnt5 display driver has stopped working). the driver is version 6.14.10.454 and thats the latest one i can find anywhere. please help.
i fixed the problem by installing driver version 6.14.10.402 in case anyone else has this issue. xbmc works great and barely uses any resources (3% cpu and about 100MB of RAM). A computer of similar specs would be perfect for anyone elses home theater needs.
Hi spanktastic2120,

I've run into the same problem with a very similar scenario. I also bought an older Dell (GX620) to run another media center upstairs in my home but more often than none I get the BSOD when trying to play some videos of the network...And if I try to play a full DVD again via xbmc then within a minute or so BSOD....

I updated all the drivers to the latest available...I canned the pc for any viruses or malware/spyware (nothing found)...

Are you sure it was just the display driver...? Have you had any other issues since you last posted..?

Thanks

Scott