Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Always remember last position in a video automatically
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I xbmc make remember the last position in a video automatically? So that it is not neccassiry to set a bookmark manually.
(2012-08-13, 15:41)Dirki Wrote: [ -> ]How can I xbmc make remember the last position in a video automatically? So that it is not neccassiry to set a bookmark manually.

It does that automatic. If you have played it more than about 3 minutes
Thank you, Martwijn,

OK, and how could it be done when having played less than 3 minutes?

So you have to play the video more than 3 minutes, then xmbc remembers the position independently from where you start the video, so if you start at e.g. 00:06:00 you have to play 3 minutes, then it will remember the last position automatically.

And it doesn't matter whether you stop or don't stop the video or just xmbc, after playing 3 minutes, it will remember the position.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Use...3Cvideo.3E

<ignoresecondsatstart>15</ignoresecondsatstart>
Ah OK, many thanks for the line, I added it to my just created xml-file, it works.

Many thanks again.
As I see, it does not work always, sometimes the position is remembered, sometimes it isn't. I assume you have to stop before closing xbmc or watch another video.
(2012-08-15, 15:06)Dirki Wrote: [ -> ]As I see, it does not work always, sometimes the position is remembered, sometimes it isn't. I assume you have to stop before closing xbmc or watch another video.

Yep. However, the next version of XBMC (and already in nightly builds (wiki)) the ability to save on quit has also been added.
in the current stable versions, you have to stop

not pause, not quit, but actually stop, otherwise the auto bookmark is not generated
Okay, all questions answered, thank you very much.