Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Streaming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I would like to undertake streaming my XBMC library because I'll be on the road for a few months, but 1) I'm not sure if XBMC has the support structure to do so 2) I'm not sure if it's even worth trying with my Xfinity 6 mb upload speed.

If that upload speed is adequate to stream 720p, would someone be so kind to share links and/or advice on how to get started? WIN7, Eden, Tomato firmware, here.

TIA
6mb upload will not do 720p

and you would probably have to use plex if you want to stream remotely.. they were together great simeotanuesly(sp?).. i use xbmc at home and on my ipad if i have the local files on them.. plex if i need it remotely and dont have the files on my ipad.
"6mb upload will not do 720p"

That's unfortunate. I have resolved to run a web server instead, with its index.htm containing links to my entire library. Thanks for your input.
Heh, native support.

I'm not sure if it's because I use Chrome, but clicking on html links to my movies directory (index.htm: DirHTML does a great with this) does, in fact, allow me to stream movies. Although when I say "stream" I mean watch a movie upon clicking on its hyperlink, instead of downloading it in full first (which is what I wanted to accomplish). And from my friends house this "stream" sure is 720p.

This is awesome. Now instead of first downloading movies I may want to see on the road, I just need to point my browser to my DDNS name and start watching whatever movie I feel like at the time.