Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HD videos studder, but plays fine if MPC-HC is open in background
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New build with Intel i3-2125 using integrated HD3000 graphics and fresh install of Eden 11.0 on Windows 7 Pro.

On some HD (720 or 1080) movies, the video stutters in XBMC player. So I tried pausing the movie, and go back to desktop (leaving XBMC still running) to try playing the same movie in MPC-HC (standard install with nothing customized) and it plays fine. I then pause the movie in MPC-HC, and go back into XBMC and unpause the same video, and the studder goes away in XBMC player. So the movie seems to play fine in XBMC if MPC-HC is open (with movie paused) in the background.

Any one know why this happens?

XBMC video output is set at auto-detect, dxva2 enabled, and adjust display refresh to match video enabled. I'm still reading and learning how to setup this up but theres so much info to parse through.

Thanks in advance.
(2012-08-14, 19:19)Wince Wrote: [ -> ]XBMC video output is set at auto-detect, dxva2 enabled, and adjust display refresh to match video enabled.
For Intel iGPU, you need to disable DXVA2.....
(2012-08-14, 20:20)bluray Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-14, 19:19)Wince Wrote: [ -> ]XBMC video output is set at auto-detect, dxva2 enabled, and adjust display refresh to match video enabled.

I actually tried fiddling with those settings but it still had the same effect.. turned DXVA2 off and it still studdered, but played ok again when MPC-HC was open in the background.. Also tried toggling rendering between auto-detect and software, but still the same studdering unless MPC-HC was open.

I guess I was wondering if MPC-HC (open in the background) activates something in Windows that helps XBMC player work without studdering.
(2012-08-14, 20:56)Wince Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-14, 20:20)bluray Wrote: [ -> ]

I actually tried fiddling with those settings but it still had the same effect.. turned DXVA2 off and it still studdered, but played ok again when MPC-HC was open in the background.. Also tried toggling rendering between auto-detect and software, but still the same studdering unless MPC-HC was open.

I guess I was wondering if MPC-HC (open in the background) activates something in Windows that helps XBMC player work without studdering.
Make sure to update Intel driver from here- Automatically identify and find drivers. Keep DXVA2 enabled, and enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/system/vdeo output too.

Followed your instructions and this seems to have fixed the studdering. Thanks for your help, Bluray!
(2012-08-15, 22:56)Wince Wrote: [ -> ]Followed your instructions and this seems to have fixed the studdering. Thanks for your help, Bluray!
I'm glad that you got it to work......Nod