Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Update Library missing new folders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I'm experiencing a weird issue with my XBMC installation.

First off, I'm running XBMC Eden on ATV2 with my media files on a NAS4Free NAS. I'm using Samba shares to share my files. Movies and TV Shows are on the same server but in separate folders.

It has been working fine since last night. I copied some new movies (they are all in separate folders) and new TV Shows to the server. After that I ran Media Companion to create .nfo files and download covers, etc. Same procedure as usual.

When I updated the library in XBMC, only the new TV Shows / episodes showed up. The movies weren't added.
I've already tried a few things like:
- restarted XBMC, ATV and NAS
- rescanned
- cleaned the library
- deleted the files and copied them again
- checked folder permissions

No luck. After that I turned on the debug log and had a look at that. It said that it did scan the movie folders but the new ones were not listed at all. Then I went to the file mode in XBMC to check my shares and sources. I am able to browse to the folders the new movies are in. It even loads the cover and fanart when I highlight the movie file.

When I go one step back, select the folder of the new movie, press and hold the round button on the ATV remote, XBMC says 'loading movie information ...'. After a few seconds it shows the movie summary page with all the movie information and cover.

Now, when I go back and do another 'Update Library', the new movie is found and added to the library.
I basically have to go to every new movie, load the movie information manually before I can scan for these movies so they are found and added.

As I mentioned before, TV Shows are being found and added. Adding new movies has worked before as well.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks
Make sure that your movies folder doesn't have "Exclude path from library updates" turned off when you "set content" for it.
I'm pretty sure that's not the issue. I will double check tonight though.

The reason why I'm so sure is, I deleted an existing movie out of the database and cleaned it. Deleted the movie and .nfo files as well. Copied the same movie, but different file (better quality), into the folder it was in. Scraped it with Media Companion and updated the library. Same problem - XBMC didn't see or look at that folder.
Hi, did you get this fixed woomba? Mine stopped working last week. I have since updated XBMC and the skin I use, but it's not finding new movies I put in the source folders.
I have switched from ATV2 to a HTPC with Windows 8 so I don't really have this problem anymore.

I used to use the XBMC remote app on my phone and browse to the main movie folder. After that I updated the library and all new files were found.