Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DVB drivers for HDHomeRun?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm working on setting up my new HTPC build. I'm running Ubuntu 12.04, and I've installed the PVR version of XBMC from the Pulse-Eight website.

It looked like TVheadend was the preferred tuner backend on the forums (correct me if I'm wrong - I know mythtv is also popular, but it looks like it still has some kinks in it). So I downloaded and installed it. I am now trying to get TVHeadend + HDHomeRun + XBMC to live in sweet harmony.

Between these two guides here and here I managed to get started. Unfortunately I cannot seem to find the dvb drivers necessary to make TVHeadend see the HDHomeRun. When I try to install them from the PPA using the following, I get an Error 404 Not Found.

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tfylliv/dvbhdhomerun
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install dvbhdhomerun-dkms dvbhdhomerun-utils
sudo service dvbhdhomerun-utils start

I have looked and looked, but can't seem to find them. This is the same place the official Ubuntu documentation suggests you get them as well. Any suggestions?
Hi,
If I remember correctly, there is a configuration file somewhere in /etc where you should define the PID of the tuner(s) returned by "hdhomerun_config discover".
Otherwise the DVB device is not properly created. It has been a long time since I donĀ“t use it anymore.

Hope this helps.