Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Variable Jump in Playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am a recent convert to xbmc from mediaportal. It took me a while because several features on that side took longer to implement here. But one thing I haven't yet been able to replicate is the variable jump. It basically works like this, while watching a video if you press the right cursor one time it will show a jump of 10" if you do nothing then it does that jump after about .5", but it you continue to press it the jump will build up time. I know it was configurable but I am pretty sure the default was something like this. 15",30",1',2',5',15',30',1H. It worked in both forward and backward directions. I know that xbmc has the small and large jump, and I have them configured for up/down and left/right, but is there a addon maybe that can do something like this? If not how hard do you think it would be implement? I am a C# programmer by day by I don't know anything about python.
You can map a keystroke to a Python script, and from the Python script you can jump about in the film. The only problem would be that the Python script doesn't have any mechanism for persistent storage of variables so you'd have to write the time of the last keypress to a file and read it in again when the script next runs.
Thanks for your reply. Can you point me in the right direction to do this? Maybe a guide on writing python scripts for xbmc?
See the wiki and the forum section devoted to python development - but this thread has an addon that does something similar:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...back+pause

(skips back after a pause, but should give you a general structure to work from)

I found the best way to learn was take something similar, read through it, and then hack it.