Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Frodo, no music fanart? (log included)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just updated to frodo july snapshot from eden, using a mysql library to sync between several pcs and re scanning my music library and there doesn't seem to be any music fanart... there is no music folder under the thumbnails dir in userdata, using the aeon nox skin music fanart doesn't work in home screen and when browsing no music fanart shows up, only extra-fanart works now... any reason why?
*bump* i've included my log file on pastebin

http://pastebin.com/4cBL9rHU
That is because those folders are no longer used and thus some skins won't work anymore like they used to
After install you should have got an pop-up dialog asking you to rescan your music library.

Another cause could be that you have a deprecated music scraper selected as default.
I would advise using the Universal scraper for album/artist information.
Query for additional info might also help.
Also drop any path substitution for thumbnails you might have
when i upgraded to frodo i wiped my userdata folder except for the advancedsettings file and deleted old tables from the mysql database
so i never got prompted to rescan my library
i'm using the newest version of universal scraper
also not using any path substitution at all

i'm noticing some things in the log file, like

xbmc.log Wrote:18:08:48 T:4284 ERROR: ADDON::CScraper::Run: Unable to parse web site
18:08:48 T:5332 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
18:08:48 T:5332 NOTICE: Thread CMusicInfoScraper start, auto delete: false
18:08:59 T:1700 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 6 times.
18:08:59 T:1700 ERROR: ADDON::CScraper::Run: Unable to parse web site
18:09:00 T:5848 NOTICE: Thread CMusicInfoScraper start, auto delete: false
18:09:01 T:1436 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.

might this have something to do with the issue? i can see the art urls in the music library table, they all link externally now, and i notice that htbackdrops is using a pulldown url while all others are actual links, could this have something to do with it?

also, if u could have a look here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=138453

i'm also having problems with item separators not working anymore for artists in the music library, which was working fine before in eden
I'm having the exact same issue. Same skin, even errily similar setup and upgrade method.

I have fanart for movies and videos. I CAN also see artist fanart while in the main menu with music playing. The background changes to artist fanart and all is well.

When I move into the library though, it stops working. I've tried every conceivable combination of background settings.
Bumpity, nobody else has this issue?
(2012-11-27, 14:52)DoctorDyna Wrote: [ -> ]Bumpity, nobody else has this issue?

+1
I backed up userdata folder and upgraded Frodo beta1 directly over Eden. I did not clean userdata or anything else before Frodo install. Nothing special in my Win7-64 SP1 configuration. EDIT: I use standard Confluence.

Result: No artist info, no artist posters or backdrops, very little album info. Sorry, no debug log. I downgraded back to Eden and now everything is back to normal (brilliant Big Grin )and Universal scraper works like a charm. So definitely there is something mysterious with Frodo Beta.

(2012-11-28, 10:33)PVRfreak Wrote: [ -> ]

+1
I backed up userdata folder and upgraded Frodo beta1 directly over Eden. I did not clean userdata or anything else before Frodo install. Nothing special in my Win7-64 SP1 configuration. EDIT: I use standard Confluence.

Result: No artist info, no artist posters or backdrops, very little album info. Sorry, no debug log. I downgraded back to Eden and now everything is back to normal (brilliant Big Grin )and Universal scraper works like a charm. So definitely there is something mysterious with Frodo Beta.

Mine is a bit different, it seems universal scraper is working because I can see fanart when I'm in the main menu, or when I go into now playing, but if I actually select "music" and go into the library, then choose, say, "Artists" the resulting list has no backdrop or album art on the side when something is selected. I'm using Aeon Nox, when I edit the view mode, the option for fanart is there, but it doesn't seem to have an effect. I'm wondering if it's the skin or if something is just set goofy.

I tried Frodo RC1 with the same results. I also tried to export both video and music libraries from Eden then uninstalled Eden w/ optional deletion of userdata. First I scanned music library and saw album covers in the main screen in 'recently added'. That was promising. But there was no artist info, no covers in music library view. If I check manually album info, I can see the cover but not in library view. Then I imported my Eden music database. Result: no more album covers in list of recently added albums. No album covers and no artist info in music library. If I try to manually update artist or album, nothing changes.

Skin is standard Confluence, no path substitution or any other moddings whatsover. Universal scraper is default for everything. Win-64.

BTW, after I imported my Eden based movie library, roughly half of the covers were there. Others were missing.

Not sure if this is related but I am having issues with my large music library (~8,000 artists, ~75K tunes, etc) and the universal scraper (I think). Sorry for the long post, skip to the bottom where I list the specific steps I am taking and my issues with Artist BIO info and frodo/universal scraper

I am fairly new to XBMC (although I have had an original XBOX with XBMC on it for ages that I use specifically for watching guitar learning DVDs). I installed Frodo Beta 1 on a new Win 8 machine and also on a Mac Pro 1,1 and have upgraded along the way, so both are on Frodo RC2. Both have a RAID attached where I keep my music library and my art for my media (mostly separated from the music media, with the exceptions for cdART.pngs and folder.jpgs for albums - although I have backups as well in the art folder.) Both music libraries are identical - I used File sync utilities to copy from the Win 8 machine, up to my ReadyNAS NV+ and then I pulled it down to my mac via File Sync. I am sure there is a better way to do this, but as of now, the forums and all the reading about XBMC is making me dizzy... My music library is large and thoroughly tagged using Tag & Rename - all files have an associative Album Artist, embedded folder.jpg, album review embedded in comments field as well as an album review.txt file in each album folder. XBMC sees my library fine, my issues arise when the universal scraper gets involvedand I try and make my library look "pretty" in the skins. Somewhere along the way, I was able to get my mac to grab ~7,000-ish Artist thumbs, either via the Universal Scraper, cdART add-on, artwork organizer add-on, etc., not completely sure, but I manually copied this single folder with ARTIST.jpg files over to my PC. Both clients are using Transparency! skin and I have both Transparency skins pointing at a file structure for my art for my music library that are the same:
[localRAIDvolume]\XBMC Media\XBMC-ART\cdART Manager\Music Library Art

Music is located for both at:
[localRAIDVolume]\XBMC Media\Music\

Backup cdART png files arelocated: [localRAIDVolume]\XBMC Media\cdART Manager\cdART\

Both also have a folder structure for fanarts etc that I am pretty sure the Artwork Organizer Add-On created but didn't like it when I added cdART stuff inside this folder structure as it wiped-out all cdART folders and art on a subsequent run. This stuff is located at: [localRAIDVolume\XBMC Media\XBMC Art\

So, one of many issues I am having as I am getting better-acquainted with XBMC, is that the info in my library is either missing or it becomes a MANUAL process that is easily replicated, but should be something that is automatic. Specifically, ARTIST BIOs!!!!!!!!! It seems that the Universal scraper gets "disconnected" from the library. In the MUSIC settings on both the MAC & the PC, the Universal Scraper is selected for both album and artist info. The settings in the Universal scraper are mostly lastFM with AudioDB as the fallback, where applicable. Both XBMC music libraries registers about the same # of artists (~8,000). When I browse the libraries via ARTIST and scroll-through, the ArtistThumbs for almost all artists appear on my mac and I am still trying to get the same thumbs that I copied from my mac to my PC to show on my PC. I wrote a script to create folders and rename the JPGs from ARTISTNAME.jpg to ARTISTNAME\folder.jpg so I can merge them into my [localRAIDVolume]\XBMC Media\cdART Manager\Music Library Art folder. So far, it has been hit-or-miss as I see the JPGs in the folders, my skin is pointed to the folder (cdART Manager\Music Library Art), but no artist thumb showing in library. But as I said before the one that is really getting me is the ARTIST BIO!!! This happens on both the mac & PC and all skins, so its something with either Universal Scraper or Frodo:

While browsing music library by ARTIST, no bios are showing initially. Even subsequent scans don't grab an artist bio, changing the scraper from Universal to lastFM doesnt work. I AM able to get bios, but only when I do a very very very kludgy workaround and this process can be replicated on both my mac and PC and has been the only way I am able to get the scraper to grab the bio info:

1. Context-button --->> Artist Information. When I do this to an artist with no bio info or thumb, XBMC does this quick artist search and goes immediately into the manual keyboard with the name of the artist in the entry field. When I click DONE, it pops back up in a loop over and over until I escape out of that. This happens EVERY time.
2. Context-button --->> Change Scraper. When I get into this, no scraper is highlighted as the default scraper. This is where I think either XBMC, Universal Scraper, or the skin is goin batso. So, I navigate over to Universal scraper, select it, click OK and say YES to the impending dialog box asking if I want to set this action to all files, etc. Ok, cool.
3. Context-button --->> Artist Information. NOW, when I do this, I am able to get to a dialog box that has a suggestive list of ARTIST NAMES with the one I am searching for at the top 99.8% of the time. I click the first ARTIST in the list and it searches and brings me to a populated screen with bio info, discography, thumb, fanart, etc.

Not sure what's going on, sorry again for the lengthy post, but like I said above, I am dizzy from reading the forums, the wiki, LifeHacker, etc. I have been scanning my music library for 3 weeks now while getting more familiar with XBMC, the add-ons, etc. I do not know anyone using XBMC personally, so I am not able to discuss this stuff with people I know, etc. It seems the scraper should be able to recognize my artist and grab the bio info without any manual interference. As I have almost 8,000 artists, this is NOT what I want to be doing for the next year or so. Hopefully this is something that is easily-remedied.

-- D

EDIT: Some of my latest logs (CAUTION: the middle one is HUGE because of cdART Manager add-on doing lots of stuff to my library)

Your debug xbmc.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=24931
Your debug xbmc.old.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=24932
Your XBMC crashlog: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=24933

same issues, no fanart music at all. I completely deinstalled all. Same issue after a new installation. are there any old files which have to bedeleted beter manually before i install new?
Yeah, I'm going crazy too. I have Frodo using the Aeon Nox skin. When I go to 'Music', it displays a very boring graphic of files with the artist name. When I click an artist and it shows albums, I have some album art but wildly far from complete. What I WANT is that when I click 'Music' from the home screen, I get a wall of album covers. Cannot find anyway to make this happen. Help!?!?! I know computers to a degree but am not the rocket scientist that many here seem to be. Patience for us civilians please Wink

(2012-11-28, 10:33)PVRfreak Wrote: [ -> ]

+1