Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Add parameter to shortcut for start-up in fullscreen #1 or #2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
the thread title contains already my whole question: Is it possible to add some parameter to the start-up shortcut so that XBMC starts in fullscreen #1 or fullscreen #2, in order to be able to create two different shortcuts for the different screens.

The reason I'm asking for this is that i'm facing the problem that I've got a beamer connected to my laptop with the extended desktop function, so both screens (built-in = #1 + beamer = #2) can use best resolution. Of course the built-in screen is primary, because for music playback I don't need/want the beamer to run. For video playback, I still want the built-in screen to be primary, but I need XBMC to either run just the video on the beamer or the whole XBMC to run on #2.

I'm open to all of your suggestions.

Thx a lot,
Eric
This isn't exactly what you asked for, but it's the closest I can think of:

I'd make one or two additional profiles (wiki). In each profile folder (userdata (wiki)/profiles/PROFILE_NAME/) place an advancedsettings.xml file (just a normal text file that is named "advancedsettings.xml") with the following contents:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videoscreen>
        <screen>1</screen>
    </videoscreen>
</advancedsettings>

0 = first screen
1 = second screen
2 = third screen
etc

In the profile settings enable "Login Screen" so that when you start XBMC it will ask you to choose a profile.
A 2nd portable install would work as well (with Ned's code above) but you'd need to use MySQL to have the same library or use path subs to point to the SQLite file. If you didn't want to deal with the login screen.
(2012-08-17, 13:39)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't exactly what you asked for, but it's the closest I can think of:

I'd make one or two additional profiles (wiki). In each profile folder (userdata (wiki)/profiles/PROFILE_NAME/) place an advancedsettings.xml file (just a normal text file that is named "advancedsettings.xml") with the following contents:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videoscreen>
        <screen>1</screen>
    </videoscreen>
</advancedsettings>

0 = first screen
1 = second screen
2 = third screen
etc

In the profile settings enable "Login Screen" so that when you start XBMC it will ask you to choose a profile.

Hi, that idea was good, it would have done the job, but I can't get it to work...
Seems that this advancedsettings.xml I created (under AppData/Roaming/XBMC/userdata/profiles/beamer) is completely ignored.
When I start XBMC and choose the profile "beamer", XBMC starts normally to my built-in screen instead to the beamer...
any suggestions?

Hi again,
don't know how the two links should help...
the first one doesn't say anything about what to do, if the advancedsettings.xml is really being ignored (because it is definitely in the correct folder)
the second link is for a different situation...
any further help? the thing with the profiles would perfectly do the job, if it only worked?!
thx
If the advancedsettings is being ignored, that would be helpful to know, for us.

And the second thread explains how you can have 2 different xbmc shortcuts on your desktop.
Shortcut 1 starts xbmc on screen 1.
Shortcut 2 starts xbmc on screen 2.

====================================================================

Now about the profiles: Check guisettings.xml in the second profile's directory.
Find the following:
Code:
<videoscreen>
         <screen>1</screen>
</videoscreen>
And try to see if that does not get ignored. Or go in xbmc to the profile and set it to second and log out again.
See if it gets remembered.