Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Container.Position broken?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I'm using the nightly from yesterday (august 16th) and Container.Position seems to be broken as it only returns the <focusposition> of a fixedlist.
Or am i doing sth wrong?
Code:
<label>[COLOR Unfocused]$INFO[Container.Position] [UPPERCASE]$LOCALIZE[20163][/UPPERCASE][/COLOR] $INFO[Container.NumItems] [UPPERCASE]$INFO[Container.FolderName][/UPPERCASE] [UPPERCASE][COLOR Unfocused]$LOCALIZE[21408] $INFO[Container.SortMethod][/COLOR][/UPPERCASE]</label>

Container.CurrentPage works as expected...
Container.Position returns the current focused position and in a fixedlist it's always the focusposition.
so actually there is no way to count absolutely? because using Container.Position in a list gives back only an offset and in wraplist also only the <focusposition>
What do You need it for?
to count absolutely in a list just to show where you are.
Actually something has broken with Container.Position for me as well.

I have a static list with items that I'm using as a base for an animation control for a grouplist and it all worked perfectly now - items that have a visible condition are still being counted in the Container.Position instead of being ignored.
I've pinpointed the build that this started in - XBMCSetup-20120805-d9ce56e-master.exe 05-Aug-2012 10:18

Worked before that in - XBMCSetup-20120803-ef5fd1c-master.pdb 04-Aug-2012 10:11

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks.
OK I found the problem and it wasn't anything to do with Container.Position (that's working as expected) instead it was due to the changes to navigational actions.

I had a grouplist made up of series lists and each list contain a number of actions. Even though one of the lists was hidden all it's actions were being performed and one of them was to move a hidden list which controlled the animations. Simply adding the same visible condition as the list to the move action solved the problem.

Thanks.
@Hitcher
I think this is wanted behaviour?

I guess putting that change in skinning changes thread might be good idea - any takers? (tried to put some sentences together about it but they sounded totally crappy ;p)