Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Buy a new remote controller for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have xbmc eden installed in ubuntu 12.04 in my living room, i use a keyboard to control it, but now i want to buy a remote controler, i don´t know what is the best solution, i looking for somthing like plug and playSmile

I have see some harmony remote controler but with this i have to buy also the receveir.

Any good experience with remote controller?
(2012-08-18, 12:57)grayfox1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I have xbmc eden installed in ubuntu 12.04 in my living room, i use a keyboard to control it, but now i want to buy a remote controler, i don´t know what is the best solution, i looking for somthing like plug and playSmile

I have see some harmony remote controler but with this i have to buy also the receveir.

Any good experience with remote controller?

I use a motorola nyxboard -radio frequency, handy as my htpc is tucked away - it has a small keyboard on the back and learns commands from other
infra red remotes - It controls my satellite,tv and volume on my surround sound amp
Just a quick google search for nyxboard will give you more info
You can buy an mce remote with USB receiver for about £12 on eBay. You can then install lirc and lirc-remotes and copy the mceusb.conf over the lircd.conf. has worked perfectly for me on 3 versions of my xbmc-standalone machines. (It was fedora though)
Why not use the remote iOS or android aplication if you have a smartphone, works better then my conventional ps3 bluetooth remote. The official xbmc remote app is quite snappy. on wifi.