Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Waking machine to carry out database update daily
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've finally got my Asus board to wake-on-lan, sleep/resume from remote and playback performance is fine so I'm starting to move to smaller tweaks to make life easier.

The Asus board I have allows for a time to be scheduled into the BIOS to wake the machine at a given time so my plan would be:

1. Wake Machine at 12:00
  2. XMBC will start off a media search to update the library
  3. Wait 10-15min to allow plenty of time of library / metadata update
  4. Machine will then sleep again, ready to be used later in the evening

The first two bits I can do easy enough but I'm not sure how to carry out the last two. I need a way have the machine go to sleep while idle say maybe if no interaction and no media is currently being played it defaults to sleep (S3) after 15-30min or time.

Do we things this is something we can get to work?
EDIT: err, I need to learn how to read. It's the last two bits you need help with.

Go to:

Settings/System/Power saving (wiki)

"Shutdown function timer" can set an idle time

"Shutdown function" then should be set to "suspend"

However, this would sleep the HTPC at any given time it is not playing things back or updating, so it might not be what you want. On other hand, that might be better.
thanks for that Smile

Sound exactly what I'm after. As long as it doesn't got powering off randomly while I've got Movies / music on It'll work a treat Smile

Daily I don't expect it to carry out anymore then 3-4 new items adding to the library but If i can get it to update during the day while I'm at work, when I sit down for the evening the library should be up to date without me having to wait for it to scan the source server. I'll give it a whirl :p