Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sleeping display while music plays kills sound (HDMI)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use a foxconn m7pmx-s with onboard HDMI audio. I'm running xbmc 11.0 on Gentoo.

The problem I'm having is that when I listen to music the display is falling asleep and shutting down the HDMI interface. This makes the music stop as well. I generally like to listen to the music for extended periods of time and am perfectly happy with manually turning off the TV if that's what needs to happen. I just need to know if there's a way to prevent the display from sleeping when a music-only stream is being used (mostly mp3s on board or a radio add-on). I would just disable sleep, but I still do need the system to be able to fall asleep when not playing an audio stream.

The simple form of this request is: Is there a way to make sleep behavior on music items act the same as with video items (if active stream, don't sleep...if idle, start the sleep timer)

Thanks

Same issue here. The Screen-off timeout is a great power-saving feature, but I don't want it to work while playing music, else the music cuts out. (also using HDMI)
Perhaps this also addresses your issue? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1235590