Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Webdavs connection problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, basically I have just moved out of my parents house and I am trying to access media stored on my files server machine, running ubuntu back home, I cant bring the machine with me as that would mean building a new machine for everyone else to use at home, and as I am only going to be living here for a year building a new machine and having my own local copy of the files seems like a lot more trouble than its worth.

I used this guide here http://www.instructables.com/id/Apache-S...av-Server/ to setup a webdav server and have enabled port forwarding on the router.

The problem I am having is that I cant seem to add the webdavs source to xbmc, I can browse it using a web browser or mount it using Nautilus file manager.

but when I try to add that network location to xbmc I get an error saying that the connection was unsuccessful, has anyone else had similar problems?

What other ways would there be to access the files remotely?

The connection back home is 100mb/s download 5mb/s upload so I should be able to stream most videos without problems.

Thanks for reading, Mark.