Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC need help .
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK so here goes.

I've been using XBMC for a while now and I love it , which makes my problem all the more frustrating now that it's not working like it's supposed to.

I had everything organized , and working perfectly .
Running out of storage space, I bought a couple of new hard disks (external) , to move all my tv/anime/movie content to.

Now here's where it all went wrong.

I uninstalled XBMC, cleaned all the files and folders for a fresh install and added the drives/folders again..however:
It just doesn't get correct info .

The shows all worked fine before I did not change the names of episodes or folders , they are just on a different drive now .

Examples :

I add the I drive to my videos (tv shows) .
It starts updating/scrapping , some shows are displayed correctly , others are not shown and all collected in a separate unnamed folder at the top.
All of the files in that folder are being named as being part of "How I Met Your Mother"..or "The Big Bang Theory"

I.e. Season 1 of Two and a Half Men , getting episode names belonging to HIMYM or TBT , I can see them gettting named wrong during updating.
Once updating is completed , I have this unnamed folder sitting at the top of my "TV Shows" dir..having 600+ episodes Originally belonging to various shows all wrongly named using episode names from HIMYM or TBT.
I.E. I'd have like 10 eps of "The Purple Giraffe" (Himym) , 10 of "Pilot" etc etc .

I can not remove the unnamed folder from the lybrary , and if I rename it the following happens :

I check the file path in the info of the unnamed folder , and it says it's supposed to be Alcatraz.
So I change the name of the unnamed folder to Alcatraz..
Now of those 600+ eps 44 of em are taken away and moved to a folder called Alcatraz, when I try to update the folder/tv show info...again it's wrong and giving episodes names from HIMYM or TBT..when updating is done The Alcatraz folder disappears and those 44 files merge with the unnamed folder again.

The same thing happens if I add each tv show folder separately .

Some of the tv shows do get correct info and episode names ,now here's the weirdest part :... it's not always the same shows !!
When I clear the library and database and start over ..sometimes shows that would end up in that huge unnamed folder with wrong episode names are added correctly , and others in turn, fail.

It's driving me nuts Tongue

Again : nothing has been altered when these files were moved , they have the same dir structure , same names ...just on a different drive (which I changed in XBMC ofc)

Any help would be greatly appreciated ..I really miss XBMC Smile
Is your folder structure as it is here? Adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-08-20, 10:30)tetzuoshima Wrote: [ -> ]Is your folder structure as it is here? Adding videos to the library (wiki)

Yes

Very odd. Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when it tries to scan these shows in?
(2012-08-20, 12:53)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Very odd. Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when it tries to scan these shows in?

Sure , here you go Smile

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=6956

^^ Only 3 shows were succesfully added to the TV Shows dir , rest ended up like before with wrong names all separate episodes in the "unnamed dir"
You seem to be getting a bunch of these..
Quote:20:52:01 T:4212 ERROR: VideoInfoScanner: Asked to lookup episode I:\Tv\Boardwalk Empire\Season 1\Boardwalk.Empire.S01E03.Broadway.Limited.HDTV.XviD-FQM.avi online, but we have no episode guide. Check your tvshow.nfo and make sure the <episodeguide> tag is in place.
I'll presume you do have a tvshow.nfo in those directories..I'm just going to go over the process with you to see if perhaps this process has been compromised in some way.

When we scrape TV shows (the TVdb is kinda picky) for the first time.... sometimes the name is slightly off (e.g. 'The' not added or 'year' off etc.) and we are presented with a list of potential shows it could be and we manually select the show. No issues there. At one point, we export our lib to single files (using overwrite mode) and all is saved in those folders..including tvsho.nfo and all the episodes.nfo. Switch or add New drive ; ensuring the drive letter is way down the alphabet list...(so any added or subtracted external drive will not influence the drive letter sequence). delete everything for a fresh install... including (this is important) C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC and install... test it... seems good.

Moving on to adding the new source, and specifying the scraper settings, as the same as in the past (new settings require an internet revisit, and in automated mode, it will pick wrongly or find nothing if the name was a slight mismatch, XBMC TV scraping doesn't guess well)... if you have tvshow information and episode .nfo file in the same format XBMC should populate locally... I'm moved enough shows around to know this, but if you've specified banners were previously there was posters... a rescrape is needed to pick up missing data, so your nomenclature is called into play.

From the errors in your log, something is amiss, either the naming is not correct, the tvshow.nfo and episode.nfo is missing, the roaming directory from the old install is still available, there is the possibility of some sort of delay when connecting to the TVdb or access the external drive.. Use the system clean-up to see what that will do for you.