Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC crashes at startup, Nvidia issue? Driver Issue?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

I've installed XBMC 11.0 Eden. But everytime I try to start it it crashes with the dreaded black screen and windows declaring 'Windows Xbmc has encountered a problem and needs to close error'.

I went back and tried the Dharma version and that works. Having looked through the forums and several searches a recurring theme seems to be graphics drivers.

I grabbed and copied the log file and pasted here http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=6218. Note this is with an older nvidia card I tried, I have now put back in my Nvidia Geforce FX 7800GS and I still get the same crash.

Can anyone offer some advice from experience? Roll back the driver to a particular version? Change the graphics card to an ATI, etc? Is this an Nvidia issue?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Blast_uk.
Did you ever find a fix? I'm experiencing the same problem right now. This is the first time I've installed XBMC and every time I start the program I get a black screen then an error stating the program needs to close.
Hi,

I am having the same issue... I installed XBMC v11.0 on an old Shuttle XPC (Athlon XP 3200+, nVidia GeForce 6800GS), running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 and am getting the same issue. I could only get the nVidia v296.10 drivers to install; all later version failed for some reason, which I am still investigating.

Anyway, I went back to XBMC v10 and it worked fine...

Blast_uk, what version of nVidia drivers are you using?
You may want to try Frodo to see if the problem has been resolved in the meantime.