Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm having an issue. I've got Kodi 14.0 (and tried 14.1 tonight) and my WATCHED entries are being sync'd fine - but my library / collection refuses to update?
Last known update of my collection was Dec last year and I've added at least 10 things since then.
Is anyone else seeing this?
(2015-02-02, 16:21)komplex Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-02, 16:18)nonob Wrote: [ -> ]Which must i use ? I have gotham 13.2 and the one listed in addons was 2.3.1, i searched for a newer version and found this one (2.3.2).
The first page of this topic show this same link.

You can try this one https://github.com/Razzeee/script.trakt/tree/dev but i suggest making a new trakt account before you try it out to make sure everything works ok for you

I'm a newbie and don't know how github work.

If i don't want to create a second trakt account and want to avoid to take a risk, which version should i wait ? Is the 2.3.1 version installed from official xbmc repo will be automaticly updated by my xbmc when the razzeee version will be stable ?

I see that 5 hours ago, a new version is online in "master" branch. Does "master" mean stable ?

thanks
(2015-02-03, 22:08)nonob Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-02, 16:21)komplex Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-02, 16:18)nonob Wrote: [ -> ]Which must i use ? I have gotham 13.2 and the one listed in addons was 2.3.1, i searched for a newer version and found this one (2.3.2).
The first page of this topic show this same link.

You can try this one https://github.com/Razzeee/script.trakt/tree/dev but i suggest making a new trakt account before you try it out to make sure everything works ok for you

If i don't want to create a second trakt account and want to avoid to take a risk, which version should i wait ? Is the 2.3.1 version installed from official xbmc repo will be automaticly updated by my xbmc when the razzeee version will be stable ?

I see that 5 hours ago, a new version is online in "master" branch. Does "master" mean stable ?

thanks

tags would be stables, master is more of another abstraction of wip.
For those that have managed to get Trakt to tell Kodi which episodes are watched, please could they provide a guide?

This is really unfortunate timing for me as I recently had to transfer my entire data to a new NAS and therefore had to change the sources for Kodi. After rebuilding the library, I used the old version of trakt to tell Kodi which episodes I'd watched only to discover this issue, so I removed the old trakt app and installed Razze's dev version with the six, requests and pytx all enabled and ran trakt dev version but still get the server busy message when syncing TV shows.

Any help would be truly appreciated.
(2015-02-03, 23:56)Hairy Hippy Wrote: [ -> ]For those that have managed to get Trakt to tell Kodi which episodes are watched, please could they provide a guide?

This is really unfortunate timing for me as I recently had to transfer my entire data to a new NAS and therefore had to change the sources for Kodi. After rebuilding the library, I used the old version of trakt to tell Kodi which episodes I'd watched only to discover this issue, so I removed the old trakt app and installed Razze's dev version with the six, requests and pytx all enabled and ran trakt dev version but still get the server busy message when syncing TV shows.

Any help would be truly appreciated.

Not sure this is much of a "How to" but myself, I always physically remove all traces of Trakt from my STB. I dont' just uninstall the addon. I am using 2 Windows Machines which makes it quite easy to do. Once all traces are removed, I then re-install from zip a downloaded version of the Dev branch addon.
Before I started removing all traces, I always had problems. This seems to have fixed my problems.
(2015-02-03, 23:00)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-03, 22:08)nonob Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-02, 16:21)komplex Wrote: [ -> ]You can try this one https://github.com/Razzeee/script.trakt/tree/dev but i suggest making a new trakt account before you try it out to make sure everything works ok for you

thanks

Ok, so the last "tag" is 2.3.2 which doesn't work with the new trakt API, isn't it ?
What is "WIP" ?
(2015-02-04, 14:36)nonob Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-03, 23:00)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-03, 22:08)nonob Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a newbie and don't know how github work.

thanks

Ok, so the last "tag" is 2.3.2 which doesn't work with the new trakt API, isn't it ?
What is "WIP" ?

Sorry, WIP = Work in progress
Work In Progress
Thanks :-) So, what a user like me should do? Watch to github and wait a "tag" version, or keep the actual 2.3.1 installed from xbmc official repo and wait an update? (i'm waiting the sync clean option to mirror my xbmc library to my trakt collection).
All I want is the ability to sync my entire library with my Trakt collection (including .strm files). I can wait for the addon to be "complete" if it currently is not.

Should I just wait for the updated version to appear in the official repo, or will it be coming from somewhere else?
the following is from a post i left on another forum, just some thoughts on the matter of stability and who should or should not use the upgrade while it is still very much in development, the exact question i was responding to is in bold below, a summary of my response follows the question:

Quote:I take it there's still no stable update yet for the average user?

i would say there is definitely NOT a stable version ready for 'average' kodi users ('average' being a subjective term)

in my humble opinion (imho), it is best for the 'average' user to either avoid the add-on completely or stick with the last known working version (2.3.2) until a stable version of the upgrade (3.0.0) is released and distributed via the kodi repository

unless you are ready to deal with one or more of the following i would recommend against using the upgraded version of the add-on (v3.0.0):

1). you are comfortable working at the command prompt
2). you are capable of manually installing/removing kodi add-ons and modules
3). you are ready to deal with instability with little or no support (dev is busy making things work)
4). you are willing to risk damage to your collection on trakt.tv (watched status, collected on dates, etc.)

if not prepared for the above i would suggest either:

a). waiting for a stable version of the upgrade (v3.0.0)
b). continue using the last known working version (v2.3.2)
c). dont use either until the upgrade is completed

while v2.3.2 is definitely not completely functional there have been a few posts in this thread from people still using it, i dont know exactly what does and doesnt work in 2.3.2 but afaik your trakt account can be updated with all data once the upgrade is complete (assuming the information is maintained internally by kodi), if i am incorrect about this or if u know more about it please correct/clarify

either way u will want to watch here for an announcement regarding completion of the upgrade and its distribution via the kodi repository

just thought it might help in some wayUndecided
(2015-02-04, 17:08)S7eele Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:while v2.3.2 is definitely not completely functional there have been a few posts in this thread from people still using it, i dont know exactly what does and doesnt work in 2.3.2 but afaik your trakt account can be updated with all data once the upgrade is complete (assuming the information is maintained internally by kodi), if i am incorrect about this or if u know more about it please correct/clarify

I'm still using 2.3.2 and it correctly updates the watch status of a show/film after watching it. It does not support rating.
Can somebody thats trying 3.0.0 try facebook scrobble? There has been a report of it doing multiple posts, but I can't replicate it and the user has various other problems that doesn't sound 3.0.0 related.
Just a quick note. People trying to update just watched status can run a script like texturecache from Milhouse.
Anyone constantly getting duplicates synced to trakt? This started happening with the new site. Not always, maybe 50/50. The duplicates have the exact same date and time.