Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-02-11, 20:58)Piers Wrote: [ -> ]Well since Martijn has said we're talking about a new thread, rather than starting one, I suggest a new thread is made. Maybe he might be happy to split this posts from this thread into a newly created one. That's up to you, Razze.

Why would you split all this dev stuff? I mean really? Start fresh with current status of script. Do a proper OP again
(2015-02-11, 21:02)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-11, 20:58)Piers Wrote: [ -> ]Well since Martijn has said we're talking about a new thread, rather than starting one, I suggest a new thread is made. Maybe he might be happy to split this posts from this thread into a newly created one. That's up to you, Razze.

Why would you split all this dev stuff? I mean really? Start fresh with current status of script. Do a proper OP again

That's up to Razze, I hope he does.
Razze, I've done as you requested - should make it easier to pull now.
Thank You so much, I didn't mean to be to hard on anyone, just wanted to have everything be clear, great work.
(2015-02-11, 19:44)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]note:

i won't receive notification when mentioned, certainly not when some one can't spell my name correct

my bad, not sure why the other spelling was so set in my mind and i thought notification via @ symbol was standard, ive been using it here often enough [DISAPPOINTED FACE]

(2015-02-11, 20:32)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]already updated OP with github info. It's not up to me to start a new thread right? Info is just buried because you guys are discussing about starting a new thread or not.
understood and apologies for bothering you, just looking for guidance which u provided, get it working then start a new thread, thanks
Normally @ works but I turned it off Wink
(2015-02-11, 20:42)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-11, 20:30)Piers Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to make a suggestion. I'm not sure if these are trakt-set strings but they've always been terrible. I propose this:

Currently
- Weake Sauce Sad
- Terrible
- Bad
- Poor
- Meh
- Fair
- Good
- Great
- Superb
- Totally Ninja!

Proposed
- 1. Atrocious
- 2. Terrible
- 3. Bad
- 4. Poor
- 5. OK (although "Acceptable" would be better)
- 6. Fair
- 7. Good
- 8. Impressive
- 9. Superb
- 10. Excellent!

Quote:msgctxt "#1314"
msgid "10. Excellent!"
msgstr ""

msgctxt "#1315"
msgid "1. Atrocious"
msgstr ""

msgctxt "#1316"
msgid "2. Terrible"
msgstr ""

msgctxt "#1317"
msgid "3. Bad"
msgstr ""

msgctxt "#1318"
msgid "4. Poor"
msgstr ""

msgctxt "#1319"
msgid "5. OK"
msgstr ""

msgctxt "#1320"
msgid "6. Fair"
msgstr ""

msgctxt "#1321"
msgid "7. Good"
msgstr ""

msgctxt "#1322"
msgid "8. Impressive"
msgstr ""

msgctxt "#1323"
msgid "9. Superb"
msgstr ""

These are trakt strings so we shouldn't deviate from them.

fwiw i obviously agree with the statement above and on a personal note the rating names dont bother me
(2015-02-11, 22:04)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Normally @ works but I turned it off Wink
good to know, ive tried using it for you, glad to find you havent yet excluded me personally Big Grin
(2015-02-11, 22:07)S7eele Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-11, 20:42)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]These are trakt strings so we shouldn't deviate from them.

fwiw i obviously agree with the statement above and on a personal note the rating names dont bother me

tbh I really like them :D
(2015-02-11, 22:42)freem@n Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-11, 22:07)S7eele Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-11, 20:42)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]These are trakt strings so we shouldn't deviate from them.

tbh I really like them Big Grin
i do to really, guess i was just saying i wouldnt be devastated if they went away, not that they will as long as they are used by trakt, 'totally ninja' and 'weak sauce', love em

p.s. - it hits me that age probably has a lot to do with the preference lol
(2015-02-11, 22:45)S7eele Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-11, 22:07)S7eele Wrote: [ -> ]fwiw i obviously agree with the statement above and on a personal note the rating names dont bother me

i do to really, guess i was just saying i wouldnt be devastated if they went away lol

Personally I'd rather have zero words and just numbers.
(2015-02-11, 22:46)Piers Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-11, 22:42)freem@n Wrote: [ -> ]tbh I really like them Big Grin
i do to really, guess i was just saying i wouldnt be devastated if they went away lol

Personally I'd rather have zero words and just numbers.
with the right skills and a little time it seems it would be fairly easy to make it an option, am i mistaken wrt the 'fairly easy' part? however that might be out of scope, just thoughts
(2015-02-11, 22:54)S7eele Wrote: [ -> ]with the right skills and a little time it seems it would be fairly easy to make it an option, am i mistaken wrt the 'fairly easy' part? however that might be out of scope, just thoughts

Making it an option not so easy but something pretty easy is forking the script and change the parts referenced in Piers earlier post and you could have it say whatever you'd like Smile
(2015-02-11, 22:07)S7eele Wrote: [ -> ]fwiw i obviously agree with the statement above and on a personal note the rating names dont bother me

i do to really, guess i was just saying i wouldnt be devastated if they went away, not that they will as long as they are used by trakt, 'totally ninja' and 'weak sauce', love em

p.s. - it hits me that age probably has a lot to do with the preference lol

Like em too, even if I'm a little bit younger.

But i'm a little bit concerned about them being in the translation file. The german translation for weak sauce is pretty stupid and thats probably true for every rating. As there is no translated version of trakt.
(2015-02-12, 00:01)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]Like em too, even if I'm a little bit younger.

But i'm a little bit concerned about them being in the translation file. The german translation for weak sauce is pretty stupid and thats probably true for every rating. As there is no translated version of trakt.

I wouldn't try to translate these rating strings as they aren't translated on the trakt website either. and of course you're right - the german translation would sound ridiculous Big Grin