Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-02-12, 00:06)freem@n Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-12, 00:01)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]Like em too, even if I'm a little bit younger.

But i'm a little bit concerned about them being in the translation file. The german translation for weak sauce is pretty stupid and thats probably true for every rating. As there is no translated version of trakt.

I wouldn't try to translate these rating strings as they aren't translated on the trakt website either. and of course you're right - the german translation would sound ridiculous Big Grin

yeah...
"The flash"doesn't scrobble at all. I first noticed that last week and it is doing the same thing again this week. If I mark it as watched in kodi it will also mark as watched in trak.TV. Just not sure why it doesn't scrobble. If I am the only one I won't bother @Razze but if others experience the same thing I will raise an issue on git.
^ is my point.

Just because trakt uses those doesn't mean they will work with the Kodi userbase. Here's a few translations (Google translate) of "Weak Sauce"

Spanish: salsa débil
Bulgarian: Слаба Sauce
Croatian: slab umak
Dutch: zwakke Saus
French: Sauce faible

Obviously Google Translate isn't the most accurate tool, but phrases that may work (although they don't) in English will not always work in other languages. Now, since Kodi and the majority of add-ons support more than English it makes sense, to me, to use custom strings for this add-on - purely for the universal understanding. I only speak English and basic German but I can imagine a Turkish person having no idea what "Weak sauce" is supposed to me when it comes to rating a programme.

I realise it's not a popular opinion, but I think in this instance using custom strings - or just numbers - is a justified option.
(2015-02-12, 00:55)Piers Wrote: [ -> ]^ is my point.

Just because trakt uses those doesn't mean they will work with the Kodi userbase. Here's a few translations (Google translate) of "Weak Sauce"

Obviously Google Translate isn't the most accurate tool, but phrases that may work (although they don't) in English will not always work in other languages. Now, since Kodi and the majority of add-ons support more than English it makes sense, to me, to use custom strings for this add-on - purely for the universal understanding. I only speak English and basic German but I can imagine a Turkish person having no idea what "Weak sauce" is supposed to me when it comes to rating a programme.

I realise it's not a popular opinion, but I think in this instance using custom strings - or just numbers - is a justified option.
i think its more about it being a trakt add-on and as such conforming to trakt standards, i happen to like it the way it is in english but your point wrt translation remains, i think martijn had the best alternative, contact trakt support and point out the translation issues

other than that, will skinners be able to make it look different?

i hate to say it because i love your work but im not sure about how it looks on a black backround (overall dark theme), no yelling lol

update - i guess i could actually try to modify it on my system if i really want to try it in a dark color, the file structure doesnt look to bad, good learning experience even if its a complete failure Cool
(2015-02-12, 00:50)RavRob Wrote: [ -> ]"The flash"doesn't scrobble at all. I first noticed that last week and it is doing the same thing again this week. If I mark it as watched in kodi it will also mark as watched in trak.TV. Just not sure why it doesn't scrobble. If I am the only one I won't bother @Razze but if others experience the same thing I will raise an issue on git.
Episode 1 works fine here (just tested). I've updated the add-on from GitHub today; have you tried updating?
(2015-02-12, 02:05)menakite Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-12, 00:50)RavRob Wrote: [ -> ]"The flash"doesn't scrobble at all. I first noticed that last week and it is doing the same thing again this week. If I mark it as watched in kodi it will also mark as watched in trak.TV. Just not sure why it doesn't scrobble. If I am the only one I won't bother @Razze but if others experience the same thing I will raise an issue on git.
Episode 1 works fine here (just tested). I've updated the add-on from GitHub today; have you tried updating?

Working fine here also...
I think that "weak sauce" could be translated to Spanish (Which is my language) like "salsa suave", I think it is more accurate. But like I think you mean, this expression it is not often used by Spanish people ... And of course, not for rating anything, neither film nor TV shows
(2015-02-12, 01:34)S7eele Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-12, 00:55)Piers Wrote: [ -> ]^ is my point.

i think its more about it being a trakt add-on and as such conforming to trakt standards, i happen to like it the way it is in english but your point wrt translation remains, i think martijn had the best alternative, contact trakt support and point out the translation issues

other than that, will skinners be able to make it look different?

i hate to say it because i love your work but im not sure about how it looks on a black backround (overall dark theme), no yelling lol

update - i guess i could actually try to modify it on my system if i really want to try it in a dark color, the file structure doesnt look to bad, good learning experience even if its a complete failure Cool

"black background" - do you mean the fade included with the dialog? If so just delete trakt-bg-fade.png or comment out image control in the xml - both will have the same result.
(2015-02-12, 02:32)Piers Wrote: [ -> ]"black background" - do you mean the fade included with the dialog? If so just delete trakt-bg-fade.png or comment out image control in the xml - both will have the same result.
no, i meant how the white trakt dialogue boxes look against the black background i use as a general kodi background

not exactly sure what i 'want' yet but im pretty sure im capable of playing around with different options on my own installs, just out of curiosity i wanted to ask you and @Razze (and any others with the experience):

how hard would it be to implement something like a light/dark theme option in settings?

didnt want to open a feature request issue on github until i got some feedback
(2015-02-12, 02:18)Joaquin_Barrera Wrote: [ -> ]I think that "weak sauce" could be translated to Spanish (Which is my language) like "salsa suave", I think it is more accurate. But like I think you mean, this expression it is not often used by Spanish people ... And of course, not for rating anything, neither film nor TV shows

+1 we don't have something similar in French as weak sauce.

If you want to keep a common expression, when a movie or a book is very very very bad we call it "Un navet" which can be directly translate as a turnip. And I don't think there anything as low as its expression in terms of rating. (before being rude Wink)

If you need a full translation in French, I may handle that.

(2015-02-12, 02:14)lysin Wrote: [ -> ]

Tx guys. I have downloaded the very latest dev branch Trakt addon but still the same. So like you, I have tried the first episode of "The Flash" but still no scrobbling for that particular show. Dunno why. This is the only show that doesn't scrobble for me. Weird but since I am the only one it seems, the problem must be at my end.

Thanks for the replies.
(2015-02-12, 05:01)RavRob Wrote: [ -> ]

(2015-02-12, 02:14)lysin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-12, 02:05)menakite Wrote: [ -> ]Episode 1 works fine here (just tested). I've updated the add-on from GitHub today; have you tried updating?

Tx guys. I have downloaded the very latest dev branch Trakt addon but still the same. So like you, I have tried the first episode of "The Flash" but still no scrobbling for that particular show. Dunno why. This is the only show that doesn't scrobble for me. Weird but since I am the only one it seems, the problem must be at my end.

Thanks for the replies.

somebody has reported something that could lead to this to the trakt guys, lets wait for an answere
(2015-02-12, 04:19)Hergonoway Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-12, 02:18)Joaquin_Barrera Wrote: [ -> ]I think that "weak sauce" could be translated to Spanish (Which is my language) like "salsa suave", I think it is more accurate. But like I think you mean, this expression it is not often used by Spanish people ... And of course, not for rating anything, neither film nor TV shows

If you want to keep a common expression, when a movie or a book is very very very bad we call it "Un navet" which can be directly translate as a turnip. And I don't think there anything as low as its expression in terms of rating. (before being rude Wink)

The translation for french is mostly done, but I'm sure you can add or cleanup some things.

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xbm...ipt-trakt/

Anyone knows of a way to prevent this?
(2015-02-12, 11:01)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-12, 04:19)Hergonoway Wrote: [ -> ]

The translation for french is mostly done, but I'm sure you can add or cleanup some things.

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xbm...ipt-trakt/

Anyone knows of a way to prevent this?

Thanks for the link! I've completed and reviewed the translation In French (France)
Hi guys, just installed openelec 5.0.3 on my RPi2. Trakt add-on (2.3.1) installed but it doesn't mark my episodes as watched. It also dont give any error. So syncing problems. Anyone else?