Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-05-20, 16:22)nate1280 Wrote: [ -> ]Tagging/List support!

Overview:
With this new feature, you'll now be able to create tags from your trakt.tv Lists, Watchlists, as well as Ratings (Watchlists and Ratings are enabled by a setting)...

Big thanks to Nate, as he did one hell of a job coding this.
Ever wanted watchlist feature in xbmc? Did you miss a feature to have personal ratings stored in XBMC library. This does both and much more!
Once integrated to your xbmc environment you manage trakt.tv movies and tvshows lists directly with your remote.
This feature greatly improves XBMC experience for everyone who miss proper movies/tvshows lists management and of course it's connected with your beloved trakt.tv!

Example of trakt.tv addon custom DialogContextMenu.xml skin integration:

never mind.
First off let me say I love trakt, it's a really good service but I'm having a recurring issue with the plugin which is really doing my head in (and is the only thing stopping me getting the VIP).

After a couple of hours of watching the plugin firstly stops giving me the option to rate what I'm watching and then after about another 45 mins it stops scrobbling altogether. No matter what I do e.g. restarting or reconfiguring the plugin nothing works, the only solution is to uninstall and re-install the plugin and then re-link my facebook account.

I tried to upload my log file to xmbclogs but I keep getting a bad gateway error so I have just put the logs here: http://sdrv.ms/16QfcFZ

My setup is a Raspberry Pi running Xbian 1.0a5 and XBMC 12.1 and Trakt Plugin 2.3.0 (from github)
(2013-05-22, 23:32)Womble1979 Wrote: [ -> ]First off let me say I love trakt, it's a really good service but I'm having a recurring issue with the plugin which is really doing my head in (and is the only thing stopping me getting the VIP).

After a couple of hours of watching the plugin firstly stops giving me the option to rate what I'm watching and then after about another 45 mins it stops scrobbling altogether. No matter what I do e.g. restarting or reconfiguring the plugin nothing works, the only solution is to uninstall and re-install the plugin and then re-link my facebook account.

I tried to upload my log file to xmbclogs but I keep getting a bad gateway error so I have just put the logs here: http://sdrv.ms/16QfcFZ

My setup is a Raspberry Pi running Xbian 1.0a5 and XBMC 12.1 and Trakt Plugin 2.3.0 (from github)

Took a quick look through your log.

I see your minimum viewing percentage is set at 20%, meaning if you've watched 12 minutes or more of a 60 minute file, it will attempt to scrobble it.

Some of your TV shows (NCIS, Warehouse 13, NCIS: LA) are missing tvdb ids, which is causing the rating dialog to not appear.

Quite a lengthy log, don't gett to see this much data very often (outside of my own logs), taken me a while to trace through it.

I do see an error (line 8538), will look into this, but doesn't cause the plugin to crash.

I can see near the end why its not scrobbling, well, a theory, will need to look into it. Around lines 9511 to 9532 is where the confusion happens. Going to look into it once I've finished up something else I'm working on.
I am new to trakt... any idea where I can find some noob info? I looked on this thread and on the wiki and on the trakt site but there is no real information. I just watched a show and nothing asked me to "rate" the show. Is it supposed to? All my tv shows are marked as watched at 4:00pm today EVEN the show I just watched at 7:00pm. And do I need to install the add-on on every system with xbmc? Thank you.
(2013-05-23, 00:34)nate1280 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-22, 23:32)Womble1979 Wrote: [ -> ]First off let me say I love trakt, it's a really good service but I'm having a recurring issue with the plugin which is really doing my head in (and is the only thing stopping me getting the VIP).

Took a quick look through your log.

I see your minimum viewing percentage is set at 20%, meaning if you've watched 12 minutes or more of a 60 minute file, it will attempt to scrobble it.

Some of your TV shows (NCIS, Warehouse 13, NCIS: LA) are missing tvdb ids, which is causing the rating dialog to not appear.

Quite a lengthy log, don't gett to see this much data very often (outside of my own logs), taken me a while to trace through it.

I do see an error (line 8538), will look into this, but doesn't cause the plugin to crash.

I can see near the end why its not scrobbling, well, a theory, will need to look into it. Around lines 9511 to 9532 is where the confusion happens. Going to look into it once I've finished up something else I'm working on.

Yeah I do have that set quite short, because I can tell if I will like a show within a few mins and I don't usually go back (too much to watch).

Its strange those shows don't have TVDB ID's, those specific shows have been in my XBMC library for a while. I know that there is show ID's in the sickbeard DB, but I will double check tomorrow in the MySQL XBMC DB. I do get the issue though on a few shows (doesn't appear to be any pattern) and I'm pretty safe in saying that 99% of my shows are added through Sickbeard and it creates all the info for XBMC to import.

Thought it would be best just to give you the full log because its been happening on and off for a while, I knew it would be a while to get through it but its appreciated.
I don;t know, I guess I got it working if I go to the add-on and choose "launch". I figured it would start on it's own? Also, EVERY tv show I watched before I installed this app, is not listed as "viewed" at the day and time I ran this app, but the movies are not?
I guess I need to manually launch this app each time I start xbmc?
@nate1280, maybe your guides for these new features should be added to wiki so they dont get lost in the thread.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Trakt
(2013-05-23, 05:00)tommymsw Wrote: [ -> ]I don;t know, I guess I got it working if I go to the add-on and choose "launch". I figured it would start on it's own? Also, EVERY tv show I watched before I installed this app, is not listed as "viewed" at the day and time I ran this app, but the movies are not?
I guess I need to manually launch this app each time I start xbmc?

This addon runs primarily as a service. So you need to goto your addon, services and enable trakt. And of course enter your trakt credentials in the plugin configuration.

Once you've done this you'll need to configure it. Now there are 2 main section, scrobbling, and library syncing.

Starting with library syncing this can make your trakt collection and seen movies/episodes match what's in your xbmc. It can also sync trakt.tv play count in xbmc. There are 4 settings that control what's done for movies and 4 settings for tv shows. You'll also be able to configure a sync to happen after a library update if you choose. A sync can also be triggered manually by just running the addon, but the service needs to be running.

Now for the scrobbling, first you'll need to enable this for movies and or tv episodes. And either use the default watch percent, or alter it to suit you.

Beyond these are the ability to submit ratings. You can enable a setting that will show a rating dialog after you've watched a movie or an episode. Now this dialog will only show if you've watched enough to cause it to be scrobbled (this is that minimum watch percent setting).

If you're using the github.com version, there are more advanced features, but above are the basics.

One last thing, this plugin only works for frodo and above. Hope this helps.

(2013-05-23, 05:11)N3MIS15 Wrote: [ -> ]@nate1280, maybe your guides for these new features should be added to wiki so they dont get lost in the thread.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Trakt

Once they reach the repo version it's probably a good idea, and/or update the first post with links to the posts.
Thanks Nate, I do have the most current Frodo version. I did the setup correct and I had it do a library sync, and it did (although it listed all my last watched TV and movies as watched at the time I did the sync... so they all have the same day and time as "watched"... well... the TV shows do, the movies oddly have roughly the correct date watched.

It was not showing any new shows I watched after the add-on, until I went to the add-on and chose "launch" (even though I had restarted xbmc several times, it still didn't do anything until I hit launch), then it added the last tv show I watched. I don't know how often the sync happens but at the end of the next show I watched, it showed up right away on trakt without me doing anything and asked me to rate it. ( I shut the rate feature off because I don;t want it to ask me to rate a show after each time I watch it.) I then watched another show and it has not shown up on trakt yet, but like I said, I don't know how often it syncs so maybe it will show up later?

I guess I will go with trial and error. It would have been nice if I knew what to expect, like "It takes a few hours for the shows to show up" or "You have to wait for a library update for the shows to show up" or "All your past watched tv shows will show as watched on the date and time of the first sync" or something. At this point, I don;t know what is predicted behavior or me not having it set up right.
With scrobbling enabled, it's instant.

Movie syncs will preserve last played time from xbmc, but episodes will take on the date/time they're synced at.

If you enable debug logging in the plugin you can watch your log as its running to see what's happening and to make sure it's working.
Also, check out http://trakt.tv/about for a full feature list and overview about trakt.

On github, I've added new wiki page for all nate's awesome updates. Makes sense to add them on the xbmc repo too, or just link to github at least. https://github.com/rectifyer/script.trakt/wiki/_pages
Tagging Support

I have an update to the tagging support waiting for merge, to allow editing of lists within the manage lists dialog.

So, now when you pick a list to manage, you'll be able to change its privacy setting, enable/disable allow shouts and show numbering, you can also edit its description, and rename it. I've also introduced the ability to hide the list in the items lists dialog (usage example, you have a list on trakt.tv that is all episodes that you manage on the website, you can hide it so it no longer shows when picking editing an item's lists)

I'll update the original post once/if it gets merged in.
(2013-05-23, 03:10)Womble1979 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I do have that set quite short, because I can tell if I will like a show within a few mins and I don't usually go back (too much to watch).

Its strange those shows don't have TVDB ID's, those specific shows have been in my XBMC library for a while. I know that there is show ID's in the sickbeard DB, but I will double check tomorrow in the MySQL XBMC DB. I do get the issue though on a few shows (doesn't appear to be any pattern) and I'm pretty safe in saying that 99% of my shows are added through Sickbeard and it creates all the info for XBMC to import.

Thought it would be best just to give you the full log because its been happening on and off for a while, I knew it would be a while to get through it but its appreciated.

Just to let you know, I have some fixes in place that I'm doing some tests on. Should fix that runtime error you encountered (which seems to be rare), and, for cases where IDs are missing for library items, I do a further check so it doesn't make hopeless calls to the API, and will retrieve the data it needs after a watching call (much like it does with non-library items) so ratings will work.

Also did a small fix for scrobbling if pausing gets out of hand again causing it to no longer update.

I was actually debating about updating the IDs in XBMC if they were missing, well, as an option, but usually library metadata is proper anyways.
Would be nice to have optional message, that tvdbid is missing