Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-07-12, 12:14)asturnauta Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I have a problem with this addon (version 2.3.0)

The movies sync is not working.

I have disabled movies sync for check tv shows sync and works perfect, but when i enable the movie sync, when script is executing not go away from 40%.

Always on 40%, when the message about the movies that will change the watch counter.
The script not advance more than that 40%, and i have to close xbmc.

I post here the xbmc.log with debugging on:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=36297

This log is for xbmc installed on a laptop with Windows 7, but this problem is the same on a Raspberry Pi with Openelec.

In other way, the scrobbling is working fine, for tv shows and movies, the problem is the movie sync.

Thanks.

Thank you for the log file, I now have some data to work with.

I just tried manually using the data, and it went fine, so still not sure whats going on, but I am looking into it.

asturnauta, does this happen every time? Also if you're available, I could really use someone to try and debug this in real time, as I have to wait for this error to occur when I force stuff to run.
I've opened a pull request on github with a possible fix for the error jaykumar_2001, and asturnauta were encountering, if either of you could please try this and post log files (irregardless if it works or not).

I've added two new features, the first is the ability to change the default script action, you can chose between Manual Sync, and Manage Lists. The second is an optional silent argument on the sync action, this will silence all notifications for a sync so it can just run in the background. This can be used in a scheduled task, below is an example how to trigger it.

Code:
RunScript(script.trakt,action=sync,silent=True)

There are a few other fixes in as well, and possibly more to follow.
nate1280 Yes, the error always happend. Indeed, on trackt.tv i have no synced movies.

How can i try the fix?, Have i to download the script on github?

I can see the pull request on github, but i don´t know how github works,

I am goint to download the script using the option "Download Zip" on github and copy all donwloaded files to the script folder on userdata folder.

Is this right?

I am going to try and post the new log file.

If this is wrong, please tell me what i have to do.

Thanks.

EDIT: I can see that pull request in "open", Have i to wait until pull request will be in "close" tab and then download zip from github?
(2013-07-12, 18:24)asturnauta Wrote: [ -> ]nate1280 Yes, the error always happend. Indeed, on trackt.tv i have no synced movies.

How can i try the fix?, Have i to download the script on github?

I can see the pull request on github, but i don´t know how github works,

I am goint to download the script using the option "Download Zip" on github and copy all donwloaded files to the script folder on userdata folder.

Is this right?

I am going to try and post the new log file.

If this is wrong, please tell me what i have to do.

Thanks.

Yes you'll need to download the script from github, you can either use git to pull in changes, or if you're not using git, you can directly download the script with the changes via https://github.com/nate1280/script.trakt...atures.zip that link will download a zip of my branch that has the changes.

Take note the folder it extracts to will be different (script.trakt-fixes_and_features), so make sure you move files to where they should be or rename the folder.

If this error has always happened for you (with all versions?), its odd this error isn't happening for everyone then, I've been syncing movies all morning and I've yet to get a bad json response, its happily updating seen counts; so this leads me to believe there is something going on server side, what tho, I'm not sure until this fix is tried.
Thanks for the link, i don't know github well.

It seem that all is right, i have executed the script and synced movies and tv shows. I have checked trakt.tv web and now appears the movies marked as watched.

I post heare the new log file if you want to check if all is OK.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=36340

Otherwise, if you want to try another changes for check log files, tell me and i can try it.

Thanks.
(2013-07-12, 18:58)asturnauta Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the link, i don't know github well.

It seem that all is right, i have executed the script and synced movies and tv shows. I have checked trakt.tv web and now appears the movies marked as watched.

I post heare the new log file if you want to check if all is OK.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=36340

Otherwise, if you want to try another changes for check log files, tell me and i can try it.

Thanks.

Excellent, going to double check your log file just to make sure I didn't miss anything else.

I finally got the error to happen (I reverted to running some code in a python shell so I could test quicker), so I know what the problem is/was.
(2013-07-10, 20:49)ezechiel1917 Wrote: [ -> ](...)
What I think that might be done as an alternative to improve users experience with these new features is GUI dialog which you would call with new specific action and it would allow to select every action possible depending where you would call it from.
For example when you call this action from selected movie it could display something like:
Code:
Prometheus (2012) - Available trakt.tv actions:
------------------------------------------------------------------
[Manage lists of this movie]
[Add to watchlist] / [Remove from watchlist]
[Rate this movie]
[Manage all lists]
[Update all tags]
[Synchronize collection]

If called from non movie/tvshow/episode... it would display
Code:
Available trakt.tv actions:
[Manage all lists]
[Update all tags]
[Synchronize collection]

It's basically the same which you currently map to keys/add to skin but it would reduce number of currently needed actions from users perspective to only one.

nate, is this possible?
It's probably possible, might look into it later, currently bug hunting.
(2013-07-12, 19:14)fernandovg Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-10, 20:49)ezechiel1917 Wrote: [ -> ](...)
What I think that might be done as an alternative to improve users experience with these new features is GUI dialog which you would call with new specific action and it would allow to select every action possible depending where you would call it from.
For example when you call this action from selected movie it could display something like:
Code:
Prometheus (2012) - Available trakt.tv actions:
------------------------------------------------------------------
[Manage lists of this movie]
[Add to watchlist] / [Remove from watchlist]
[Rate this movie]
[Manage all lists]
[Update all tags]
[Synchronize collection]

If called from non movie/tvshow/episode... it would display
Code:
Available trakt.tv actions:
[Manage all lists]
[Update all tags]
[Synchronize collection]

It's basically the same which you currently map to keys/add to skin but it would reduce number of currently needed actions from users perspective to only one.

nate, is this possible?

I took a quick look at this, and, I think it can be done, it just won't really be tidy.

Quick code I came up with, is a dialog I have all the buttons on and I essentially re-arrange the buttons and show only those that are needed, and finally adjusting the background image to make it look like a smaller dialog. But, I won't be able to keep the dialog centered, as it seems there's no way to adjust the dialogs position using python code, so while it will stay centered horizontally, it won't stay centered vertically depending on how many buttons are visible.

If this is something that's desired, I can keep working on it.
I dont mind the vertical position being different depending on view.
Nate: I think, standard dialog list populated with available actions should be enough. Pressing ok on selected action will run that action and close the dialog. As for the dialog placement, We can test different scenarios and choose the best one which will fit.
If you need help with testing send me a pm.
Sorry if this has already been answered. Couldn't find it in a search, but I can see quite a few post that include the trakt signature widget. I was just wondering where to get it?
(2013-07-16, 20:37)wgstarks Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry if this has already been answered. Couldn't find it in a search, but I can see quite a few post that include the trakt signature widget. I was just wondering where to get it?

http://trakt.tv/settings/widgets
Doesn't appear to be working. I pasted the code for my sig. Did I miss something.
Edit: Used the wrong code. Guess I need to find a better format though.
BB code. Not html