Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
thanks rectifyer, i'll look into that !
Hmmm...it appears that you guys pushed something new to FB, because it's working now Smile.
Yep my Facebook is working now too. All movies showing up in Activity feed at the bottom of my profile Smile

Scrobbling from XBMC seems to be reliable as well now since the Database site fixes.
We didn't update anything for facebook, but they change stuff all the time so they probably pushed a fix. Glad it works though. The new database on the website has been very solid since we had those few days of kinks to work out. Happy to hear scrobbling is more reliable now.
hi. would it be at all possible to have a program add-on like next aired but that pulls the trakt calendar instead? next aired only pulls from your library, but I watch tv shows on like 5 different services so not everything in included in my library (nor would I want that).

or, does anybody have any workarounds they can suggest to achieve this?
Just a heads up the github repo is now https://github.com/trakt/script.trakt
Old links should still work fine, but just wanted to let everyone know.
Hello all,
i just finished cleaning up my xbmc library and attempted a trakt sync. It failed midway through with a "disallowed key characters" error (pasted below). Any suggestions? Thank you

18:55:11 T:440 NOTICE: [trakt] [traktAPI] traktRequest(): Starting retry loop, maximum 5 retries.
18:55:11 T:440 NOTICE: [trakt] [traktAPI] traktRequest(): (0) Request URL 'https://api.trakt.tv/movie/library/b6135e0f7510a44021fac8c03c36c81a17be35d9'
18:55:11 T:440 NOTICE: [trakt] [traktAPI] __getData(): urllib2.Request(https://api.trakt.tv/movie/library/b6135...1a17be35d9)
18:55:11 T:440 NOTICE: [trakt] [traktAPI] __getData(): urllib2.urlopen()
18:55:12 T:440 NOTICE: [trakt] [traktAPI] __getData(): response.read()
18:55:12 T:440 NOTICE: [trakt] [traktAPI] __getData(): Response Code: 200
18:55:12 T:440 NOTICE: [trakt] [traktAPI] __getData(): Response Time: 1265.00 ms
18:55:12 T:440 NOTICE: [trakt] [traktAPI] __getData(): Response Headers: {'content-length': '26', 'x-powered-by': 'PHP/5.3.18-1~dotdeb.0', 'vary': 'Accept-Encoding', 'server': 'nginx/1.4.1', 'connection': 'Close', 'date': 'Wed, 18 Sep 2013 22:55:30 GMT', 'content-type': 'text/html'}
18:55:12 T:440 NOTICE: [trakt] [traktAPI] traktRequest(): (0) Bad JSON response: 'Disallowed Key Characters.'

(same lines above repeat 4 more times)
make a option so we can checkin then we start a movie :p
@Dekles1 does the full log provide any more details with the full JSON being sent and received?

@SeNmaN ??
I have debugging on and I copied the json from the log file into a few of those online json validators but they didn't show me anything i could easily diagnose.
Here's the specific part of the log file from the moment it starts the movies sync to the end of that process: xbmc log
Thanks for your help

edit: am I to interpret that error message literally and assume that maybe one of my movie titles has an unacceptable character in it? if so, is there a list of characters that are invalid?
@rectifyer - do so when you start a movie so you can "Check In"
Am i missing something? I've tried this on Windows and ATV xbmc and i keep getting 'Incorrect username/password' I've even tried creating a new account and using that.. reset the password 4x's on the site (updating it in the plugin in xbmc) and it still doesn't work..
@Dekles1 yeah it appears its one of movie titles has bad characters that is either breaking the JSON at the xbmc level or the trakt level. There isn't a list of invalid characters, but it generally is things like accented characters.

@SeNmaN the plugin automatically scrobbles TV and movies, no need to manually check in if you watch through your XBMC library

@DarkKlown what version of the plugin are you using? Old versions of non-official plugins had login issues, but the official plugin shouldn't. If you can post a debug log file, that will be best.
Rectifyer, this addon still needs skin support for some part right?
Couple of pages ago i read that for ex to get the context menu and manage list and stuff, the skin needs to provide it right?