Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It is going to take weeks for all the dust to settle. I base this on discussions with developers in the trakt.tv VIP forums. The latest update, released by the trakt dev on the VIP forum follows:

'I will be queuing up all shows for refreshes tonight. Quite a number have already been updated from VIP refreshes, myself, or the automatic tvdb/tmdb updates. I will work to reimport the v1 watched data next week once all the shows are refreshed and form a solid foundation.'

That was posted two to three hours ago. There is a very reasonable VIP subscription fee that will give you access to the VIP forums, early access to new featuresan and the real opportunity to influence what trakt is.

I am adding the following post from a trakt dev about three days ago that explains a little about what happened and what needed to be done:

'The old site was in PHP and has been at the breaking point for a few months now. The new site is in ruby on rails and is complete rewrite with multiple caching servers in place to cache user data, rendered pages, api methods, etc. So, a big time effort on caching and building a platform that will scale beyond what v1 could handle. To put it in perspective, there are about a billion data points that needed to be imported over. Throw in some amazon and server issues and that leads to a rocky first launch day. Trakt will definitely return to form and with me being full time now, we actually have the resources to do this. I'll be pushing code updates every day to squash bugs, improve performance, and build features.

As for the TMDB data, this is part of my experiment, but it's likely most shows will be simply told to use TVDB for their episode data (about 60% do this now with the remaining a hybrid of tmdb/tvdb data). This is what I'll be experimenting with in the coming days. Thanks for your patience.'

I am posting because I have seen threads on two different forums going crazy. Just trying to help by getting some solid data from the trakt developers. I will update as possible.
is this plugin working again yet i saw a post on previous page stating it was back up and running by my xvmc is still not updating trait or visversa?
Thanks for keeping us in the loop, S7eele...
@S7eele, good input, solid.
(2015-01-03, 14:37)McrRed Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for keeping us in the loop, S7eele...

(2015-01-03, 17:58)jobespierre Wrote: [ -> ]@S7eele, good input, solid.
No problem, I'm going to try spending a little more time on this forum, ashamed to say I've not been checking in as often as I should, hope everyone had a great new year, ttys
(2015-01-02, 20:28)DonLK Wrote: [ -> ]I still love Trakt, and once everything is fixed i will surely go back to using it, all I was trying to say is: when looking at it from a wider point of view, it looked more like a rushed launch than a planned upgrade.
I suspect that they wanted to launch the new layout on that monday because the date means something for them (the website's anniversary, perhaps?), which is sweet, but the overhaul took longer than they expected it to take, and had to make do with what they had finished making and adding the remainder of it in the next weeks after the launch.

The reason was in fact, that trakt v1 was dying. It could not handle their traffic, it was pretty much unusable on saturdays, sundays and mondays.
So they wanted to get the new version out as soon as possible, this one is crafted to handle big loads well.
(2015-01-04, 03:30)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-02, 20:28)DonLK Wrote: [ -> ]I still love Trakt, and once everything is fixed i will surely go back to using it, all I was trying to say is: when looking at it from a wider point of view, it looked more like a rushed launch than a planned upgrade.
I suspect that they wanted to launch the new layout on that monday because the date means something for them (the website's anniversary, perhaps?), which is sweet, but the overhaul took longer than they expected it to take, and had to make do with what they had finished making and adding the remainder of it in the next weeks after the launch.

The reason was in fact, that trakt v1 was dying. It could not handle their traffic, it was pretty much unusable on saturdays, sundays and mondays.
So they wanted to get the new version out as soon as possible, this one is crafted to handle big loads well.

I'd argue that Trakt is basically not usable Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri and Saturday.
So my movies synchronized - but I can do absolutely nothing to sync my TV Show watched status.

What gives?
Am I doing something wrong?
(2015-01-04, 22:02)roach9 Wrote: [ -> ]So my movies synchronized - but I can do absolutely nothing to sync my TV Show watched status.

What gives?
Am I doing something wrong?
Read a few posts above:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=...pid1878998

That was posted by trakt developer last night. I have not seen another update yet. Pay special attention to the second to last paragraph. They changed the source for tv data and there are some issues.
For now I can confirm that KODI Trakt plugin scrobbles my movies but doesn't synchronize my library with trakt website.
(2015-01-05, 08:24)darzur Wrote: [ -> ]For now I can confirm that KODI Trakt plugin scrobbles my movies but doesn't synchronize my library with trakt website.

Same for me also, the scrobbling from both Plex and Kodi/XBMC is working, however the libraries are not syncing up.
For example, anything watched during the period of the downtime, only one of Plex, Kodi & Trakt is showing it as watched with the library not syncing.

Hope for some progress soon as it frustrating how organised i am Tongue

But good work Trakt guys!
Trakt.tv is definitely not 100% yet so occasional issues are to be expected. I also expect there will be some special cases that require more work than the others. This could be a specific account or a specific feature. Anyway, my real reason for posting is to pass along the latest update from the trakt devs:

'The TV show refresh is completed (still need to clean up some duplicates as noted) so I am going to start back filling in v1 data. The process will take a few days and then when its complete I will reset the cache and things should be back to normal.'

This was posted in the trakt VIP forum ~2-3hrs ago.

Fyi!
My TV library still isn't syncing yet either (Movies seem to be sync'd tho).

Unfortunately, without any knowledge of the massive update going on with Trakt, I performed a clean install of Kodi over the weekend. So I'm stuck at the moment unable to see any of my watched progress. At least the site is showing some progress now, so I should be able to jump on there to find out where I was up to. At least I hope the site is accurate. Smile

S7eele - Appreciate the dev updates mate.

Eagerly watching this forum for when the syncing / rating issues will be fixed Smile
(2015-01-06, 11:02)JuzzieAU Wrote: [ -> ]My TV library still isn't syncing yet either (Movies seem to be sync'd tho).

Unfortunately, without any knowledge of the massive update going on with Trakt, I performed a clean install of Kodi over the weekend. So I'm stuck at the moment unable to see any of my watched progress. At least the site is showing some progress now, so I should be able to jump on there to find out where I was up to. At least I hope the site is accurate. Smile

S7eele - Appreciate the dev updates mate.

Eagerly watching this forum for when the syncing / rating issues will be fixed Smile

Well I'm new to Trakt and it seems to be syncing movies now, also after watching a TV show I get the rating box up, and latest watched episodes get synced to Trakt. Just need the library sync feature to work now Big Grin
What do you mean by "movie syncing" if you need library sync?? When I checked it yesterday it was scrobbling properly but syncing didn't work.