Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-01-07, 19:24)McMurphy83 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello.

Before v2 of trakt.tv my library synced the watched status from the trakt website allowing me to be up to date on all my machines. Since v2 (which looks fantastic) my libraries do not seem to sync any of the episodes I've watched. This seems to be a problem on my side of the settings because in MyGenesis the watched status is shown. Do I need to change my settings somewhere? Or is this a problem resulting from the chamge to v2 of trakt?

So long
McMurphy

This is the main issue with the addon. It dosent sync back to xbmc. We need to wait for either the original Dev or somebody with the coding skills to update it to work properly with api v2.
(2015-01-07, 19:59)YippeeKaiay Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-07, 19:24)McMurphy83 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello.

Before v2 of trakt.tv my library synced the watched status from the trakt website allowing me to be up to date on all my machines. Since v2 (which looks fantastic) my libraries do not seem to sync any of the episodes I've watched. This seems to be a problem on my side of the settings because in MyGenesis the watched status is shown. Do I need to change my settings somewhere? Or is this a problem resulting from the chamge to v2 of trakt?

So long
McMurphy

This is the main issue with the addon. It dosent sync back to xbmc. We need to wait for either the original Dev or somebody with the coding skills to update it to work properly with api v2.
Just fyi, I left a message for the original dev just a short while ago. Maybe I should say the person we believe is the original dev, he is now the only full-time dev at trakt.tv. I asked him specifically about updates to the add-on. Will post any replies I receive.
Wrong forum. Google genesis addon and post there. Not sure if I'm allowed to link?! Smile
Can anyone let me know how I go about running this from command line.

I want to run the sync, I just recently upgraded my SQL library, RunScript(script.trakt,action=sync,silent=True)
Pretty damn excited for this to work again. My library is a cluster right now.

One more thing:
Whoever runs Trakt needs to read a book or two on "Change Management". The rollout of v2 was simply atrocious.
Join the team and do it yourself
(2015-01-08, 09:32)roach9 Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty damn excited for this to work again. My library is a cluster right now.

One more thing:
Whoever runs Trakt needs to read a book or two on "Change Management". The rollout of v2 was simply atrocious.
In case you haven't noticed, it's a free service that got way too popular and has been on the brink of collapse for a very long time. Your silly remarks isn't helpful
Thanks for Your work @S7eele!
I can't wait to see the Sync working again to get my different Kodi Databases clean again. Hardest part is explaining my wife, why the shows in the kitchen are marked as seen, and in the livingroom not Huh
Such clever statements like from You @roach9 are not helping at the moment. I just signed up for a VIP-membership to support the project, sure, You're doing so too? Wink
I have the same issue. Movies are fine. However, TV shows are scrobbled to traktv but it sync them to the kodi database. Do you know if it still works on Gotham?
Regarding the 'official' Trakt add-on for Kodi, I posted a question about updating it on Trakt VIP forums and the following was posted as reply:

'I started to work on a v2 port yesterday. That being said, I'm NOT familliar with python (more of a c#, php, database guy) so it will take me a while.

The first things are already running (ratings, scrobble with pause and unpause, cancel etc) but there is a lot to cleanup and it's possible that I break some other things along the way. (and there even are functions burried in it I was not aware of the plugin could do)'

This was posted ~6 hours ago. I wouldn't expect to see any of these changes until an actual update to the add-on is distributed via Kodi repository. I've inquired about this process, from trakt perspective, and am awaiting a reply.

@HankSchrader - no problem and good to see you on Trakt VIP forum. I hope we can get more of the Kodi community to join as VIP. Certainly gives us more of a voice to influence Trakt maintenance and development.

Patience!
Just to let you know of the script.trakt fork: https://github.com/Razzeee/script.trakt
Still experimental. According to Razzeee ratings are working again, scrobbling as well. Not sure about sync.
Fyi, the Trakt folks are experiencing issues with the API. Not positive it will affect this add-on but it has others so I think it's quite probable. I think it has something to do with genres but not sure. Will provide more detail if/when able.
(2015-01-09, 01:29)timbooo Wrote: [ -> ]Just to let you know of the script.trakt fork: https://github.com/Razzeee/script.trakt
Still experimental. According to Razzeee ratings are working again, scrobbling as well. Not sure about sync.

No sync yet, as stated.
And it's possible the working things will break again, so don't rely on it if I make more commits.
Highly experimental.
(2015-01-09, 03:41)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-09, 01:29)timbooo Wrote: [ -> ]Just to let you know of the script.trakt fork: https://github.com/Razzeee/script.trakt

No sync yet, as stated.
And it's possible the working things will break again, so don't rely on it if I make more commits.
Highly experimental.
Good to see you here @Razze! I've done the best I can disseminating information but you can speak to details I certainly can't. Thanks for all your doing and as I've said before, let me know if I can assist in any way. Will post feedback on your commits as I obtain it. Following GIT as well but not super familiar with its use.