Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 50 inch screen not complete full
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got a 50 inch screen, and it set to just scan like hee
http://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.php?s...1269254363

Win 7 x64 , everything ok
Connected with hdmi
Resolution set to 1920x1080

But i dont have it fullscreen!
Not in windows and not in xbmc.
How come?

Hardware htpc: amd a6 3670 , mobo is asrock a75m
What exactly do you mean by "no fullscreen"?
Is the picture smaller than the screen, but you can see everything, or does the picture seem zoomed out, so that on Win7 e.g. one can't see the taskbar?
In any case, maybe your TV's menu has a screen-setting similar to "Show Fullpixel" or "Overscan xx%" - if so, you should enable the fullpixel-thingy which should at least disable an overscan...
Fixed! Great. Ati was set on 10% underscan... Ive set it to. 0% overscan and now its full
Thx
Make sure you adjust the settings for each refresh rate. If you have XBMC set up to adjust the display refresh rate, you may have the same issue if a video file is in a different refresh rate.
(2012-08-21, 18:15)ajcast5201 Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you adjust the settings for each refresh rate. If you have XBMC set up to adjust the display refresh rate, you may have the same issue if a video file is in a different refresh rate.

What do you mean?
I have a similar problem. I don't know if I changed something, but when I play a video it only fills up the middle part of the screen, thus leaving blank space on the top and bottom of the video.

The TV is set to a resolution of 1920 * 1080 and the file I am trying to play is a 1080 video. I used the Z key to change the aspect ratio and I feel that setting it to 16 : 9 solves the problem.

Can anyone tell if I am doing the right thing here. I do not want any part of the video getting cropped.
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

(2012-08-31, 16:46)mrsundeep Wrote: [ -> ]The TV is set to a resolution of 1920 * 1080 and the file I am trying to play is a 1080 video. I used the Z key to change the aspect ratio and I feel that setting it to 16 : 9 solves the problem.

Can anyone tell if I am doing the right thing here. I do not want any part of the video getting cropped.

You can hit Pause to freeze video playback to a static frame and then cycle through the various aspect ratios with "z" to see which gives you the best aspect ratio with the least amount of cropping (if any). It's easier to do a comparison on a still image.
(2012-08-31, 21:43)artrafael Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the XBMC forums.

(2012-08-31, 16:46)mrsundeep Wrote: [ -> ]The TV is set to a resolution of 1920 * 1080 and the file I am trying to play is a 1080 video. I used the Z key to change the aspect ratio and I feel that setting it to 16 : 9 solves the problem.

You can hit Pause to freeze video playback to a static frame and then cycle through the various aspect ratios with "z" to see which gives you the best aspect ratio with the least amount of cropping (if any). It's easier to do a comparison on a still image.

Thanks a lot.

I have since figured the video calliberation part of the settings. I tried to make a perfect square on the screen and now the video fills almost the entire space and 1080 videos take up the whole screen.