Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Nyxboard and esc key
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, got my motorola nyxboard all configured - just one small problem - no escape key. I would like this key so I can close emulators in advanced launcher.

I need to somehow map a key (home) to the escape key press (not previous menu) as this doesnt seem to work. Or even re-map the tab key on the keyboard side to the escape key. Is this a possibility? I know there are some users out there that readily use the nyxboard so am in hope for some suggestions.

(running xbmc ubuntu NOT windows, XBMC 11, Aeon Nox 3.5)
sorry my response might sound stupid.. but i thought the escape key was already mapped to the 'home' key on this remote? i thought that was how mine worked anyway.. although ive not set it up to be able to close external programs
no the home key is set to go to xbmc home window so doesnt actually act as a keypress of escape key unfortunately
That would be tooooo simple LOL
ah right i thought that might be the case.. i had a similar question for example running sopcast through external MPC player, wanted to try and figure out how i could close that and return to XBMC with the remote.

i guess if you need to map the key outside of XBMC you would have to use some other software?

EDIT: with you being on UBUNTU, i wouldnt have a clue where to start sorry