Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC locks on Eden start screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed Eden 11 on this computer http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming_Pow...ifications (I7 non blue ray version) and when I start xbmc it shows the black screen with logo and version and stays there, if I ctr+alt+del to get out it wont even properly close to task manager, and I have to use the power button to restart the computer, I have direct x 11 and the latest nvidia drivers from their web page installed, xbmc works fine on my aspire one net book that is far less of a computer than the one I am trying to install it on. I have tried to reinstal it and have the same results, any ideas?
Update: 8/22/2012 While Eden still doesn't work, I installed Dharma and it seems to work fine, those of you who are having the same problem may wish to try it as well until a fix is found for our problem.
Yeah I'm getting same issue with Eden. I suspect it's a netbook issue as my pc is just fine. I tried latest Build from SVN but still the same. After I try to kill off xbmc.exe i find I can't. not even with the "taskkill /f /im xbmc.exe" command
I have updated the gfx driver but this hasn't worked.
Could this be a DirectX or Intel integrated gfx issue?
I'm going to update my audio driver to see if this helps.
I have an ZOTAC ND-22. But i i can kill the process through task manager.
OK I have upgraded my drivers and this didn't fix the issue.
I bought Auslogics Bootspeed and cleaned up anything broken. and disabled a few services I didn't need to run XBMC now runs like a boss.

Tip when you quit from the Auslogics bootspeed trial it will offer 20% off. if you cancel it will offer %30 and then cancel again it will offer %40 off I bought it at this price.
Plz guys read the rules about posting. What info we need. And where to put logs.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708

A man standing outside of a bar, who is puking. Could also just have radiation poisoning, and is not necessarily a drunk.
Having the same symptoms does not mean you have the same problem.
So please open your own thread.