Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Nightlies Database Version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a list somewhere of what version of the databases each of the nightly versions is using. I run multiple versions of XBMC across computers running off a shared mySQL database and I need to ensure they are all running versions that use the same database number but its not always ideal running the same XBMC version number across all devices (And for my Raspberry Pi I'm often stuck a few versions back as not all nightlies are available for it) but obviously if the database gets upgraded to a new number and I cant upgrade other devices to the same nightly with the same database it causes problems.

If there was a upto date list showing the database version It would save me plenty of time in downloading, installing and then checking to ensure that they are running off the same database
No there isn't.
Is there another way of finding out without downloading and installing then. Perhaps via a changelog or simerlar?
(2012-08-23, 14:03)Wakey Wrote: [ -> ]Is there another way of finding out without downloading and installing then. Perhaps via a changelog or simerlar?

Only by keeping an eye on all the database related commits made
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits/master
Usually such version bumps are made within the first 10 days of the month
(2012-08-23, 13:46)Wakey Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a list somewhere of what version of the databases each of the nightly versions is using. I run multiple versions of XBMC across computers running off a shared mySQL database and I need to ensure they are all running versions that use the same database number but its not always ideal running the same XBMC version number across all devices (And for my Raspberry Pi I'm often stuck a few versions back as not all nightlies are available for it) but obviously if the database gets upgraded to a new number and I cant upgrade other devices to the same nightly with the same database it causes problems.

If there was a upto date list showing the database version It would save me plenty of time in downloading, installing and then checking to ensure that they are running off the same database

Exact same issue here and was about to ask the same question!
Remember, MySQL is considered an experimental feature. Nightlies are also considered experimental due to rapid changes and possible bugs. Mixing the two will result in complications that most users will want to avoid.