Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to hide empty folders?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running XBMC on ATV2.

In my video folder I have a lot of subfolders for TV shows. Many are empty a lot of the time except for a folder.jpg.

I also have a WDTV and it ignores all the folders that do not contain a video file type. Is there a way to make XBMC ignore the folders that don't contain a video file?

Thanks for any help.
You can drop them from the library. Check the advanced settings page in the wiki.

You can't drop them from the files listing, however.
I guess I should propose that as a suggested feature then.

Then how do most people do this? Clearly I've got my folder structure different than most. Everyone can't be weeding through empty folders on a daily basis.
They use the library.
they don't have empty folders...
(2012-08-26, 06:57)jmarshall Wrote: [ -> ]They use the library.

I'm using the library, if I read between the lines am I to believe the library will not hide empty folders either? There is currently no way to only see folders with video content within?
(2012-08-26, 11:31)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]they don't have empty folders...

Sickbeard will not function properly or handle post processing if the destination folder is not present.
Make a text file called advancedsettings.xml and place it in the userdata folder (wiki) with the following content:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
     <videolibrary>
          <hideemptyseries>true</hideemptyseries>  <!-- hide empty series in the video library -->
     </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
(2012-08-28, 03:02)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Make a text file called advancedsettings.xml and place it in the userdata folder (wiki) with the following content:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
     <videolibrary>
          <hideemptyseries>true</hideemptyseries>  <!-- hide empty series in the video library -->
     </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

AWESOME!! Worked like a charm.

Thanks very much for taking the time to post. Makes XBMC soooooo much more useable for us.