Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Windows 7 crashes and have to hard reset it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello from Portugal!

I installed the Eden version of XBMC but when i start the program it remains in initial window and than crashes all PC and have to hard shut down...

I have Windows 7 x64, core i7, 6Gb RAM and GeForce GT 520MX with 1Gb dedicated.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance.
Hi, the debug log here http://pastebin.com/sMAWHV9A

It starts and stays in the main window, like this screenshot (already crashed) Image

Then the pc crashes and i have to hard shut down in power button!

Can't even access to the task manager to kill process!

Thanks
Hi there.

You don't have debugging enabled, and if you can't get past the splash screen, you can't enable it with the gui - so create a new text file and call it:
advancedsettings.xml (not .txt)

and enter this bit of code:
PHP Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <
loglevel hide="true">1</loglevel>
</
advancedsettings
...and save this file in your userdata folder. Then we'll be able to see a bit more about what's going on.
try one of the latest nightlies from here: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/
Hi again!

Here you have the log http://pastebin.com/7jjqqCap

Installed the latest version and still crashing my pc completly!

Thanks
If you run in portable mode (change shortcut to XBMC.exe -p) does it still crash? Also please make sure your video drivers are the latest and greatest.
Video drivers are the latest for GeForce GT 520MX.

What do u mean by run in portable mode? I'm running it in a portable (ASUS K53S) and installed the latest nightlies version.

Thanks
portable mode ignores local libraries just to rule things out - you would add "-p" to the commandline
When i run this new version, doesn't even appears the main screen of XBMC!

I will uninstall everything and install the nightlies version again...
As i were replying the pc crashes and had to restart it again...
Well latest nightlies version 27.08.2012 just crash the pc, doesn't even open the program, simply start (i ear the processor raising) and then crashes the pc!

Will try the stable version again.

Tell me the -p shortcut it's like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMCv2\XBMC.exe" -p, the -p stays outside of the destiny right?
Just tried the EDEN version again.... all remains the same.

Eden version open the program but doesn't pass the first screen like i posted before....

Any other idea or should i abandon this program?

Thanks
the -p stays inside the quotes.
Hum... inside quotes windows says that the path isn't correct!

May i have to put the address like this then: "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMCv2\XBMC.exe" "-p"

One question, the program works with the monitor of the notebook or should i have to connect it to an external tv? I have a 32" Samsung where i could connect it...
Seams like no one can help me here... thanks anyway!
Pages: 1 2