Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sharing Windows 7 files to XBMC on Mac OSX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a bit of trouble figuring this out since this is the very first day I have ever used a Mac. Anyways, I got it figured out and thought I would share.

- First thing you want to do is (this held me up for about an hour) make sure that your Windows 7 logon account has a password. This will be very important in a few steps.

- Next right click the drive or folder you want to share and enable it.

- Now on your Mac go to Finder and hit Command + K and type in smb://computers ip address. ( you can find this in XBMC under the system settings)

- It will ask you for your Windows logon name and password

- Once that is done it will ask you what folders you want to mount. I just shared my entire data drive.

- Now in XBMC go to Add Videos > Browse > Volumes > Your Computer Name > The drive you shared

That's it!
Sharing from a Windows SMB server is no issue on any OS X version. It's only if you are sharing from Mac OS X SMB to another computer that it becomes an issue, and in that case you just run SMBUp (wiki) on the Mac.
Thanks! Smile
I still cannot figure this out. I right clicked the folder I wanted to share on my PC. Set up a homegroup password on the PC as well. When I open XBMC on my Mac and try to add a source, I go down to Windows Network (SMB) and workgroup is the only folder there. I read the wiki http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Mac...Sharing%29 and it didnt get me far. Thank you in advance.
I figured it out. I am going to make this a quick tutorial.
Hey there, what did you end up doing to get this to work? I'm having similar issues.

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw you edited your first post. Thanks!!