Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Connectivity issues on 3 separate xbmc machines
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 2 windows machines running xbmc and an apple tv 1st gen running it as well. All three machines have connectivity issues. 2 are wired and one is wireless. All three machines connect to the internet when xbmc is not running. They share a common media source - a usb drive on windows smb. All 3 machines stream from this source without a problem. In xbmc system info>network I see that the MAC address: toggles between "BUSY" to "the address" and Internet: toggles "BUSY" to "Not connected. Check network settings."

Is my router blocking xbmc?

Here is my log file
Do you know the IP of the computer that shares the media? If so, on a separate computer open cmd and type in "ping -t ip of the computer" with no exclamation marks. If there are any time outs then it's possible then there is something wrong with the nic / cable / switch.
There is no computer that shares the media, but rather the router itself has a usb function. All there devices share the media without problem, but no device has a constant internet connection. They all connect sometimes, but not others.

To clarify, all three of the devices definetly 'talk' to the router and play movies that are stored on a hard drive that is connected to the router via usb. However these devices can not always connect to the internet (downloading media info for example, or an xbmc skin, internet based plugins.) These same devices will connect to the internet normally if I use any other program but xbmc (internet explorer for example or the native Apple Tv ios.) There is a problem with my netwrok and XBMC specifically.
Is there a specific port I need to use for xbmc. One common factor is all machines have port 8080 designated to html control for use with the iphone remote control