Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No uPnP and Mountain Lion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all.

Since my update from Lion to Mountain Lion (10.8.1 update), I can't access my files in my WDTV Live, via uPnp from my iMac.

I have tried disabling and enabling uPNP in my XBMC, setting a fixed IP in the iMac.... nothing is working.

Any hint on this?

Thanks a lot.
Put up a debug log (wiki) on a paste site that has you starting XBMC up and turning UPnP on/off a few times. The log might tell us about any errors that might be happening on XBMC's side.
Has anything come of this? I have no trouble accessing UPnP servers from every XBMC except my new Mac Mini running ML.

philip

How could anything come of this? No xbmc.log was ever posted so xbmc devs move on to helping someone else.
(2012-12-08, 04:26)davilla Wrote: [ -> ]How could anything come of this? No xbmc.log was ever posted so xbmc devs move on to helping someone else.

Oh well... in any case I found the problem in my situation. EyeTV leaves a small audio type UPnP service EyeConnect that blocked XBMC's ability to see the servers. Deleted that and all now works great.

philip
(2012-12-08, 06:08)pmcd Wrote: [ -> ]Oh well... in any case I found the problem in my situation. EyeTV leaves a small audio type UPnP service EyeConnect that blocked XBMC's ability to see the servers. Deleted that and all now works great.

philip

AH! I had the same issue, and now knowing that someone else had it too I know it wasn't just my setup :D

I'll be sure to add this to the Mac FAQ (wiki), and maybe shoot an e-mail to the EyeTV guys about this.