Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Using Webmin for XBMC Live
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been using Webmin as the interface to perform various functions on my XBMC Live Revo 3700 and was wondering if it might cause any problems with getting certain updates? Although I have been using it for over a year now it always concerns me when I see it updating Nvidia as I'm afraid I'll get a driver that hasn't been tested thoroughly to work with XBMC, is that even possible or will it only grab approved drivers? Webmin emails me a weekly report and I usually just update everything that's available, it even upgraded my system to Eden 11.0 with no problems, I really like that because I don't like upgrading manually or using commands. Currently here is what Webmin is showing for my system:
Operating system Ubuntu Linux 10.04.2
Webmin version 1.590
Time on system Tue Aug 28 22:05:42 2012
Kernel and CPU Linux 2.6.32-42-generic on i686
Processor information Intel® Atom™ CPU D525 @ 1.80GHz, 4 cores
System uptime 2 hours, 38 minutes
Running processes 127
CPU load averages 1.77 (1 min) 1.21 (5 mins) 0.79 (15 mins)
CPU usage 0% user, 0% kernel, 0% IO, 99% idle
Real memory 1.97 GB total, 244.21 MB used

Does anyone else here use Webmin and if so is there a way to roll back any updates if it breaks something?
I don't know about rolling back updates, but webmin will allow you to control each update manually, sellecting only the packages you want. Its in the system panel. That's how I handle updates on my server install.