Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Trouble playing movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi!
just installed the 2005-07-31 build (t3ch), and got some issues. very very few of my videos starts, and sometimes the xbox freezes. all these played fine with the old build i had (can't remember how old it was but it's atleast from 2005).
any ideas on what's wrong and what to do about it?

if it makes any difference, i use hdtv at 1080i..
i've done some research, and it seems to be sorta random but not entierly..
some movies play one time, but another time they freeze xbmc.
i've compared a movie that plays all the time to another that never plays. same video and audio codec and as far as i can see in gspot, nothing else differs either..
i'm having the same problem with the video's that i have on my home computer. i stream the file from my computer to the xbox, and some will and some simply don't play and some lockup the xbox.

i have a temporary work around right now in that it seemes to be related to the resolution. try setting your resolution down so your not using any hdtv resolutions. for some reason that has fixed the streaming video problem. now all i need to do is figure a fast way of changing the resolution for when i want to play games. that or find out why running these video files on hdtv resolution is crashing my xmbc.
(kirjath @ aug. 03 2005,22:34 Wrote:i have a temporary work around right now in that it seemes to be related to the resolution.  try setting your resolution down so your not using any hdtv resolutions.
it seems to be a problem with smb rather than hdtv resolution. many others have the same issues..
check this out:
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....t=14446

however, i'm going to try lowering the resolution just in case!
(kirjath @ aug. 03 2005,22:34 Wrote:i'm having the same problem with the video's that i have on my home computer. i stream the file from my computer to the xbox, and some will and some simply don't play and some lockup the xbox.

i have a temporary work around right now in that it seemes to be related to the resolution. try setting your resolution down so your not using any hdtv resolutions. for some reason that has fixed the streaming video problem. now all i need to do is figure a fast way of changing the resolution for when i want to play games. that or find out why running these video files on hdtv resolution is crashing my xmbc.
i see the same thing, but it's only isolated to movies i've compressed using 2pass divx. can you verify that you're seeing the same thing?
that is interesting. i have been having the same problems and i also run at 1080i. i didn't think about changing the resolution, i just went back to the version from may that still worked. i will try that tonight and see.
can you paste your xmbc.log? i think i'm having the exact same issue. i was also in 1080i..
i noticed the icon next to my movies was the same as the folder icon, however w/ the 5/20 build the movie icon was a different icon. showing it could tell the diff between a movie and a folder
this is because at 1080i your running out of memmory

i've always had this issue to get movies to play i have to lower cache sizes and even then i run out of resources if i'm not carefull.

thefore i've always runn at 720p as it doesn't suffer as bad even so if i've been running python scripts my xbox will lock when playing videos.
i actualy can't add a log at the moment. i got the 2nd of august build and can't run my xbmc in any hd resolutions. the screen freezes, corrupts, and then locks out the controller so i have to actualy hit the power button on the front of the xbox. i'm looking for my backup copy of the last build, but i seem to have become a moron and deleted it.

*sigh* do you ever have one of those moments where you wonder what kind of an absolute waste of oxygen would do something you think is so incredibly stupid only to find out that you've been the guilty party the whole time? yeah, i'm feeling that.
hello guys, ive had more or less the same problem as u have for several months, i can stream play all files, but..say 10-15 minutes in, it..like times out, this would have to do with the memory i presume as it does the same thing with mp3´s. i was running dashboard and xbmc with pal-60, could this realy drain the memory that bad ?..anyways..i have disabled pal-60 now..and doing a test right now. if this times out aswell, logs will come Smile

right now im running ccxgui, i had the same problems with smb until i had a slight rage attack one night and switched to ccxgui.

there is nothing wrong with with my xp setup, since if there were, i wouldnt be able to connect in the first place, and im having no problems streaming to my 2nd pc thats running linux.