Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video playback flashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a very strange problem. Every now and then (mostly when xbmc is first run) any bright area in a video being played will flash. This is very strange for example watching the music video chase n status time were one scene is in a living room at night with a table lamp on the light source in the video from the lamp flashes. Normally if the video is reloaded the fault will go away. I'm just interested to find out why it happens in the first place.

Any ideas? I'm using the stable build downloaded from the main site the machine is a new HTPC build of Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4ghz, Nvidia GTX680, 8gb DDR 1866, ssd drive and 2tb hdd with all files stored on. The machine was built last week and all drivers are fully up to date. Video playback settings in thre nvidia control panel are left on application settings
Just sheer speculation... on the wild side some sort of clipping in your TV The fact it plays well at other times, indicates some sort of auto adjustment is trying to correct for white balance. Any changes when you toggle off hardware decoding and just use software? The gfx card also becomes a suspect... you might want to change a few settings there.