Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No sound for DTS and Dolby Digital
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
XBMC (11.0 Git:20120321-14feb09), Platform: Windows 7, 64-bit (WoW) Service Pack 1 build 7601. Built on Mar 21 2012 (compiler 1600)
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 9300 / nForce 730i

I had to rebuild the machine recently after a drive failure so I had to go reinstall drivers and such and I don't think everything is back to normal somehow. Basically ACC and MP3 seems to play fine but some of my HD movies that have DTS or DD audio do not play the sound and I get the dreaded 'failed to initialize audio device' error. Here is the log entries for two movies I tried to play:

http://pastebin.com/Y5QnbHrr

When I go into Playback Devices all it says is:
Digital Audio (HDMI) - High Definition Audio Device

under supported formats it says:
Max Number of Channels: 2
HDCP: Not Supported
Bit Depth: 16 bit
Sample Rates: 48 KHz

this doesn't seem right and it seems like this needs to be corrected rather than anything in XBMC...I'd like to get this working the way it was previously with 5.1 HD. Any help you can provide would be much appreciated

sort of a dumb question I realize now because I should have realized that that was the windows default HDMI driver and that was why it was shite

after pulling the correct HDMI driver for the GeForce 9300 / nForce 730i it all works seamlessly now

I'm really loving XBMC, its the best home theater package out there IMO

cheers