Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC is damaged and can't be opened error :-(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi - newbie here, so please be gentle :-)

I recently installed Release: 11.0 “Eden” of XBMC for Mac OS X on my 2012 Macbook Air (which is running OS X 10.8.1), but then uninstalled it because I had a problem trying to switch back to default theme after installing the Quartz skin, so thought a fresh install might help, HOWEVER, when I reinstalled XBMC, whenever I try to start it I get the error "XBMC is damaged and can't be opened you should move it to trash" error. I tried downloading the .dmg file again, but the same thing happens. I then tried installing the latest 64-bit nightly x86 build and this runs okay, but can't see my Twonkymedia XMBC server and I would prefer to run the stable release version in any case.

I'm assuming some files have got corrupted somewhere, perhaps from my original XBMC install, does anyone have any tips to try to resolve this problem? Am really stuck here! Thanks!
Maybe deleting your user data helps, its located in ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC
Deleting the XBMC binary won't delete the userdata, so the next time you install you'll start over with your old settings - and maybe the problem is somewhere in there.