Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MACOS/IOS] Cannot connect to SMB share
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I tried Dharma and Eden on ATV 1st gen on Apple's stock OS and Eden nightlies on iPhone 4.
In Eden I am unable to browse my SMB share, which is password protected (guest/guest). After entering login/password it asks for it again and again.
In Dharma it works as it should.

Is this a bug in Eden?
Possible. What is the SMB server here? (Mac, Windows, a NAS, etc). Can you get us a debug log (wiki) where you go and access the SMB share so that it causes the password prompt to show up?
The SMB is running on TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND router with OpenWrt Backfire 10.03.1 final.
Debug log from my iPhone 4:
http://pastebin.com/JvZnJaxw

uname -a:
Darwin dwellers-iPhone 11.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 11.0.0: Sun Apr 8 21:51:26 PDT 2012; root:xnu-1878.11.10~1/RELEASE_ARM_S5L8930X iPhone3,1 arm N90AP Darwin

XBMC version:
XBMC 12.0-ALPHA5 Git:20120827-f8f5a56

Please note that I had the same problem on stable Eden on my iPhone4 and many nightlies after that, also the same on stable Eden on AppleTV 1st gen.
When I revert to Dharma on AppleTV it works. Is there a Dharma version for iPhone 4, so I can try it out?

I can also post logs and exact version info from Dharma and Eden on ATV, if needed.
Any news regarding this issue?