Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 24p display totally unusable with Geforce GT 430
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm using Openelec 1.95.7 (generic build) with a GeForce GT430.
It's working fine, but when I use the "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" option to watch the videos at the correct frame rate, I've got lots of drops and it's unwatchable.
Without the option checked, my videos are played back smooth but of course not in 24p.
My setup is ok, the 24p mode is working well with the same hardware on Windows.
So I guess it's either a problem with the nVidia driver or with a setting somewhere.

Here is what I see repeatdly in the log when playing back in 24p
Code:
23:02:52 T:2798467904  NOTICE: -------- drop output
23:02:52 T:2756758336   ERROR: CMixer::InitCycle - interlace method not supported
23:02:52 T:2798467904   ERROR: Previous line repeats 2 times.

Any idea to help me ?
Please post full debug log and xorg.conf.

EDIT: And check your video settings. What's your settings for de-interlacing mode and method?
I didn't check for de-interlacing method !
It was set on auto for de-interlacing and auto for method.
I put de-interlacing "on" and method on "spatial (half)", now it's working really well !
In fact, it works with every method, except when on "auto" setting.

I have now to figure out which method to use, this in brand new for me, I didn't have these options on my Windows set-up.

Thanks again for the tip !
It should work with auto for mode unless the interlace flag is set incorrectly on the stream. I don't recommend the (half) settings because they skip every second frame.
Yes, it should work, but it doesn't :-)
I'm gonna try with a diferent method than a half. Any suggestion on which is the best? The XBMC wiki doesn't say anything about that...
temporal/spacial ist best, then temporal, bob
Some systems hit their limits when using best quality.
(2012-09-04, 13:57)pInUS Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I'm using Openelec 1.95.7 (generic build) with a GeForce GT430.
It's working fine, but when I use the "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" option to watch the videos at the correct frame rate, I've got lots of drops and it's unwatchable.
Without the option checked, my videos are played back smooth but of course not in 24p.
My setup is ok, the 24p mode is working well with the same hardware on Windows.
So I guess it's either a problem with the nVidia driver or with a setting somewhere.

Here is what I see repeatdly in the log when playing back in 24p
Code:
23:02:52 T:2798467904  NOTICE: -------- drop output
23:02:52 T:2756758336   ERROR: CMixer::InitCycle - interlace method not supported
23:02:52 T:2798467904   ERROR: Previous line repeats 2 times.

Any idea to help me ?

xorg.conf Huh

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70068 Huh

And why are you messing arround with deinterlacing? The "p" in 24p standf for progessive so deinterlacing should not be acitve...
Hi John,

I know 24p is for progressive mode, so I don't need any deinterlacing, but my problem was that the option was on permanently and that I had drops with the method on "auto" settings.
But now it's working fine, I'm very happy :-)