Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Why not WMC as backend?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
krustyreturns,

Like others, I am happy that I found this thread. I can't tell you how many times I have reconfigured my setup with servers, clients and tuners trying to arrive at what it appears you are close to achieving. With the release of Frodo, I was looking forward to migrating away from MCE, but after testing four different backends, I figured I would be sticking with MCE for a while longer. In my frustration, earlier today I did a search for MCE as a backend for XBMC, Needless to say, I'm very happy to see all that you are accomplishing. Being a constant tinkerer, I'm more than happy to help you track down bugs. To the extent it helps, I am in the US with three different types of tuners - 1 Ceton, 1 HDHR Prime, and 2 HDHR QAM.

Once again, feel free to let me know if you want one more person to test and help troubleshoot.
Hi,

Not to rush or anything like that, but is development still going on, on this Project?

//TjaLfE
(2013-04-24, 13:34)TjaLfE Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Not to rush or anything like that, but is development still going on, on this Project?

//TjaLfE

Sorry for the dearth of updates. Yes, we are actively working on it. The good news is there is another developer on the job who is well up to speed now. We are focused on redoing the live-tv engine in order to solve the h264 problem and make it overall more reliable. We are making progress but currently its not nailed down.

Feel free to check progress, I don't mind.
Good to hear! Thanks Krusty+othersecretdev
Great to hear from you krusty.

I'm glad another developer is in on this too, and hopefully team of you two can make the worlds best pvr addon for xbmc Smile

Looking forward to test this out.
long time lurker here, just wanted to say what your trying to achieve here will truly change the htpc genre(for the better) this is a big step and kudo's for following through.

not really a live tv watcher but, currently run what i like to call an iPVR, (sickbeard,couchpotato,headphones,mysql,DL) vm that does 90% of my back end work. only issue is delay alot of times you have to wait 8 hours to a day before a show is snatched. this obviously will alleviate that

very much look forward to trying this out in the beta phase
@krustyreturns I wanted to ask if you had a website or some sort of page that we can get a formal outline of status updates or information. I have done work on Github, not sure if that would work best but maybe an option?

Patiently waiting for this, currently running WMC with Xbox extenders. I'd like to see the ability to use XBMC on RBPi in order to watch live tv as well as access my existing schedules similar to extenders.

Hopefully I'm in the right place?

Appreciate your help!
(2013-04-30, 18:28)Neebski Wrote: [ -> ]@krustyreturns I wanted to ask if you had a website or some sort of page that we can get a formal outline of status updates or information. I have done work on Github, not sure if that would work best but maybe an option?

Patiently waiting for this, currently running WMC with Xbox extenders. I'd like to see the ability to use XBMC on RBPi in order to watch live tv as well as access my existing schedules similar to extenders.

Hopefully I'm in the right place?

Appreciate your help!

There is no such website or github set up right now, so, for now, this thread is the place to get info (so yes, you are in the right place). Thanks for your patience.
Thanks for all the hard work krusty. Can't wait until this is rolled out. WMC Live TV seems more stable than any other Live TV viewer out there right now.
And this is what made me join the forum after years lurking. Cant wait for this absolutely needed and wonderful solution. Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to work on this.
Krusty, can you give us a little heads-up on the dev progress?

I don't mean to rush you or any thing, just interesting in a status update.
(2013-05-06, 13:12)TjaLfE Wrote: [ -> ]Krusty, can you give us a little heads-up on the dev progress?

I don't mean to rush you or any thing, just interesting in a status update.

The other developer (not sure if I can use his name) is chasing down why actively recording wtv files don't play correctly when streamed to xbmc directly. If he is successful this should be the best solution to the live-tv issues and give the best performance. Unfortunately the problem is far more difficult than he or I realized initially, and he has had to dissect large swaths of code to get to the problem root (not just in my code, but in xbmc and ffmpeg). He has made great progress considering how difficult the problem is, and he feels he is getting very close, but its not testable yet.

I am working on a much less elegant backup solution for h.264 broadcasts, but I have quite a ways to go.

Thanks to all for the encouraging posts, both of us wish we had more time to spend on this project but keep getting called away by life. We wish it could go faster too, but at least you know we are actively working on it.

Additionally, others have expressed interest in porting the client code to other OS's and are looking it over now.
Hey everyone. Figured I'd introduce myself. I'm the other developer working on this.

Yeah, I wish it was coming along faster than it is, but as he said, life sometimes gets in the way. Not to mention it being a lot of code to digest. Things are moving along, though.

I'm not sure what questions anybody has, but if I can answer/help out around here just ask and I'll give it a shot.
Hooray! Just wanted to keep on encouraging you guys. I think this is a great contribution to the community. Keep up the good work!
Nice to have a little status update..

It's obvious that real life is more important than a PVR addon for XBMC. I'm just very glad, that you guys spend, some of your precious spare time on this project Smile

I hope JeffreyF get's around the problems with the wtv files and ffmpeg.

Hope is high from here, so guys, keep up the good work, it's much appreciated Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28