Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Why not WMC as backend?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
(2013-02-20, 15:11)FIBO Wrote: [ -> ]Will there be or is there a add-on or script I can install to watch live TV within XBMC without running WMC itself/parallel. Just making use of the same background progamms WMC does?

Can I make a button in the main menu to start live TV, maybe with sub-buttons like EPG, Recordings, Set recording?
TV Guide does this, with the exception of using WMC programming info, and it can be a pain to set up if your channel names don't match the xml file names. I have seen shortcut programs to launch WMC directly into the guide or live tv. As for recordings, you can set up a upnp source to your recordings folder, you will get series folders and episode descriptions, but it won't be in xbmc library(no artwork/metadata).
(2013-02-20, 15:11)FIBO Wrote: [ -> ]Will there be or is there a add-on or script I can install to watch live TV within XBMC without running WMC itself/parallel. Just making use of the same background progamms WMC does?

Yes, I am working on an Add-On to enable recorded tv and live tv using xbmc's recording service and epg. This will not require you to run wmc at the same time as xbmc.

Distinct from this, this thread has also discussed launchers (or shortcuts) to start parts of wmc for viewing live tv, record tv, etc. These launchers all involve running wmc at the same time as xbmc. These are available now.
(2013-02-21, 02:23)krustyreturns Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, I am working on an Add-On to enable recorded tv and live tv using xbmc's recording service and epg. This will not require you to run wmc at the same time as xbmc.
This is why I started to follow this topic
Quote:Distinct from this, this thread has also discussed launchers (or shortcuts) to start parts of wmc for viewing live tv, record tv, etc. These launchers all involve running wmc at the same time as xbmc. These are available now.
And this is where I lost track.

Thanx for clarifying. I think your doing fine work and I'm looking forward to the results
I want to make sure the addon does something reasonable when it tries to play a content protected wtv file. Can someone who records premium content with wmc give me have a short sample recording of a an protected wtv file? Thanks.
(2013-03-03, 05:38)krustyreturns Wrote: [ -> ]I want to make sure the addon does something reasonable when it tries to play a content protected wtv file. Can someone who records premium content with wmc give me have a short sample recording of a an protected wtv file? Thanks.

I posted your request over on The Green Button forums as I know there are users with copy protected .wtv files there; whereas those here on the XBMC forums might have no flagged channels.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/view...593#p45593
(2013-03-03, 05:55)staknhalo Wrote: [ -> ]I posted your request over on The Green Button forums as I know there are users with copy protected .wtv files there; whereas those here on the XBMC forums might have no flagged channels.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/view...593#p45593

Good idea. Thank you.
Someone made a clip, I PM'd you the link.
I got the file. I tried to thank the guy on greenbutton, but my login seems to have gone stale. Thanks for doing it for me.
No problem, glad to do anything I can to help this project along.
This project is so awesome! Just wanted to give my support Krusty. Keep up the good work.
I'm a long time MCE user, and just now am trying to switch to XBMC. That being said, the install on page 10 of this post (for QuickWMC) seems to be missing something. Just looking at the properties for the files, and I see the following with the Addin Silent Install Test...

under Start in: "C:\Users\Victor\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\WMC Hijacker\WMC Hijacker\bin\Debug\QuickWMC"

So when this is installed, how do I test it? Is there a forum post on how it works?
(2013-03-05, 08:33)Powerhouse Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a long time MCE user, and just now am trying to switch to XBMC. That being said, the install on page 10 of this post (for QuickWMC) seems to be missing something. Just looking at the properties for the files, and I see the following with the Addin Silent Install Test...

under Start in: "C:\Users\Victor\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\WMC Hijacker\WMC Hijacker\bin\Debug\QuickWMC"

So when this is installed, how do I test it? Is there a forum post on how it works?

The program is pretty straight-forward. Run the installer, then click one of the *.ink files to directly launch that app in WMC. How you choose to run the .ink is up to you. I have a button on my remote which launches it via event ghost. Others have used advanced launcher to launch from XBMC.
Hi everybody,

By way of an update:

I have the ability to schedule/cancel series recordings working. TV show icons, channel icons (if you have channel icons in wmc) are working. The ability to be able to view active recordings, do "instant" recording, and manually delete recordings has been added. I managed to speed up live-tv channel switching (its still slower than wmc). I have a couple of bugs to chase down, and I need to start working on an installer for people who want to be involved in early testing, but aside from that I think the major functionality is there. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.
krusty, this is great to hear. Thanks for all of your efforts!
If anybody would would like to make icons, it would be much appreciated. I need them both for the addon and for the server program (they could be the same design or different, up to you). Below are xbmc's instructions for the addon icon:

2.5 icon.png
This used to to be displayed in various parts of XBMC. In order to keep a coherent look and give the skinner a good idea how the icons of the add-ons look, we have defined the following rules:
The icon size must be 256x256 pixels.
File format is PNG.
Background must be 100% solid. That doesn't mean one color, it also can be a gradient or a low contrast texture. Just make sure there is no transparency.
Keep the logo as simple a possible, no exaggerated 3D effects or high contrast textures.
Use a padding of at least 25px for your logo (not the background!). Excepted are large text logos (see icon for themoviedb.org).
Keep text to a minimum. However, a text logo along with the graphical logo is recommended in order to easily recognize the addon.
Don't mix logos with XBMC's logo, it's obvious that we're talking about XBMC here.
Don't add borders or any overlays, that's the skinner's job. However, if borders are an element of your logo, make sure there is enough padding.
It is suggested that a logo on a plain background (non-transparent) is best in many situations
(e.g. for addons that retrieve media from an online service, use that service's logo [as long as you are free to do so]).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28