Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Few small niggles.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've the Aeon Nox theme if that means anything to the below.

A few questions;

1: I seem to have added my music library more than once so every album has the songs a few times! How do I clean the whole lot up? I was going to delete the library and start again, but I wasn't sure if this would touch my actual music files, or just the XBMC library view as it were.

2: Also, my movie files have lovely fan art and information about them, looks ace. But the same can't be said for my music collection. It looks bland. I think I've just added a new scraper via the 'Add Ons' section of the system menu. If I did delete the library and let it rescan from scratch, would this kick in and hopefully find me some fan art and text about the albums?

I think I run into a problem which is partially my fault with the above issue. I store my music on my PC as say; Artist/ Album/ Songs. When I view them through XBMC, the screen where I pick the Artist has no fan art, is this due to the way I catalogue my music, or does it just not know what to show as if there are multiple albums by the artist on the computer, what fan art picture would it show on the artist screen?

3: I have read about getting XBMC to load an external Blu Ray software to watch Blu Rays. I don't necessary want it to auto load once the DVD is inserted by which the descriptions make it sound like it does. The other option they say is that you can use the Command menu - C, to select 'play with...' or similar. This last bit isn't very friend for the missus or others using the media centre.

Can I add a custom menu to the home screen like I have done to point at a Radio add on, but call it something like 'Play Blu Ray' and have this load up PowerDVD and the 'Play DVD' function play normal inserted DVD's within XBMC? Or is this a step too far?

4: My Logitech Harmony One lets me search the libraries by letter input. My Logitech Mini Dinovo on the other hand doesn't, any ideas why?

I hope that it makes sence and you can help me sort out my small issues...which I seem to have added to a bit. Thanks for the help so far.

Cheers.
1) Settings>Music>Library>Clean Library should get rid of the dups without any risk. If that doesn't do it for you...delete MyMusic18.db no harm... rescrape.

2) A rescrape would require scrapers... but before you do that, check out Artist Slideshow and CDart manager you might not have to start from scratch.
right, I found and deleted 'MyMusic18.db' and when I go to music now on XBMC I have no music diaplyed under the libarby view. Disable the libary view and I have music again. I still have multiple songs listed under some artists.

My hard drive only has one song of each, I checked to make sure I wasn't on a hiding to nothing.

I also had a 'My Music20.db'. Is this anything I could reset?
You can delete most anything in the user folder and it will be rebuilt on a scrape. I don't have a My Music20.db so your issues might lie within.
Ooo I'll get stuck in with the deleting.
Right, I tried that, don't know what it did but I solved the issue. I recently learnt about the Command button - C. Pressed this on my Source 'Music' and I could see that I had added it twice somehow recently. Anyway, back down to one now. Sorted. I'll tick this off my list above.

I also seem to have better fan art with my music now. I did try sorting out all the tags etc a while ago and it helped a little. Now I have deleted my libaby and started again, it seems to be coming in nice. Maybe a simple matter of having not updated it since I played with the tags a while back? I also selected new add ons to help with music, so it might also be them kicking in. Many thanks either way, I'll also cross this off.
Quote:3: I have read about getting XBMC to load an external Blu Ray software to watch Blu Rays. I don't necessary want it to auto load once the DVD is inserted by which the descriptions make it sound like it does. The other option they say is that you can use the Command menu - C, to select 'play with...' or similar. This last bit isn't very friend for the missus or others using the media centre.

Can I add a custom menu to the home screen like I have done to point at a Radio add on, but call it something like 'Play Blu Ray' and have this load up PowerDVD and the 'Play DVD' function play normal inserted DVD's within XBMC? Or is this a step too far

Throw a disk in your drive and it should show up as an added source, select it and it's playing. Check Settings>video>DVD for more options. Some skins offer a home page button... 'Play DVD' or a Custom link. Here's a nice link http://lifehacker.com/5559007/the-hassle...collection XBMC is very customizable...

Quote:4: My Logitech Harmony One lets me search the libraries by letter input. My Logitech Mini Dinovo on the other hand doesn't, any ideas why?
Sorry I don't own that hardware, support for that stuff should really be with Logitech, and I'm sure there are a whole gaggle of CS people just waiting for your call.... BTW: the Onscreen Search Keyboards feel slighted... sniff.

Thanks for the reply.

I have a 'Play DVD' home screen option when there is a DVD in the drive. Normal DVD's will play from within XBMC as you know.

I'd like another button 'Play Blu Ray', which would load an external program. I'm just not sure on how to make a button load an external program, or if it even can, which seeing how customisable XBMC is, I'm sure that there must be a way.
Here's a wiki for you http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=External_players You would start with a custom home page button linked...
(2012-09-06, 02:07)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a wiki for you http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=External_players You would start with a custom home page button linked...

Aye I knew about the custom home page buttons. I just wasn't sure how to get it pointing at my external player. I'll try have a go and no doubt be back with my failed attempts.
Right, I think I'm finished for now :-)

Many thanks Pat.