Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Keyboard.xml] How is the section name for LiveTV?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!
I'm trying to set up my remote to meet my needs especially for the PVR section.
Since there are many different sections, I'm wondering if there is also a section for LiveTV. How can I for example call the EPG or the menu with the different sound tracks?

Thanks,
newpipe
LiveTV uses the same section as any video/movie, the FullscreenVideo section. I've made a "request" question to have a LiveTV section, it is hard when you only have a remote with a limited numbers of button to get good functionality with LiveTV and movies. It is not all functions that you use in both cases. Didn't get any response to that thread, but maybe it will happen anyway.

But i have seen that it is a problem with a remote. To be able to get good use of the few buttons you have i feel i would like to have some more conditions in keybindings. Like a button should behave different depending on which context you are coming from. Realized yesterday that the list for showing video files is the same as showing streams in any internet streaming addon. That was a problem for me since i had mapped the buttons to work nice with streams, and now i didn't have a free button to open the ContextMenu on a video directory.

Guess i have to buy a remote with more buttons =)
(2012-09-10, 15:47)raptorjr Wrote: [ -> ]LiveTV uses the same section as any video/movie, the FullscreenVideo section. I've made a "request" question to have a LiveTV section, it is hard when you only have a remote with a limited numbers of button...

That's IMHO not the only problem. LiveTV is a completely different use case. So I would say we need a new section for that.

Another question: How can I open the EPG, pause or record the LiveTV? What commands can I use for that?
You can't pause,rr, or ff tv in xbmc
(2012-10-08, 03:05)thebearnecessit Wrote: [ -> ]You can't pause,rr, or ff tv in xbmc

Not yet...
(2012-10-08, 06:34)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Not yet...

Cool, sounds really promising that we can expect Timeshifting soon :-)