Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Freezes after startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok have put xbmc on the xbox,i can run it but once it has loaded to the menu everything freezes, i have no control of anything.
the contoller doesnt work, remote doesnt work, cant even ftp to the xbox once xbmc is running.

any1 experienced this or is it just me?

i have checked the log and the last entrys i get area

notice initialize done
notice running the application...

is there anything else i should try to get it going?
i seem to remember something about a startup script doing this.
do a search, pretty sure its been discussed recently.
i have the same problem. i turned off rss feeds (managed to launch xbmc from "my programs" in a much older version of xbmc) and xbmx now starts but as soon sa i take an option that needs network connections such as weather, it hangs

i think what is happening is that the network is not working somehow. i can't ping the xbox when xbmc is loaded, but it's ok when evox is running. so i'm trying to work out what is badly configured.

the version i have is built 10th august
i also deleted the tdata and udata and disabled rss through commenting out the rss section

then ftp and ping worked (strange)

and i could see references to accessing successfully apple.com when i selected a quicktime option

i saw these errors in the log
11-08-2005 23:45:01 info loading skin file: home.xml
11-08-2005 23:45:01 error invalid rss url set referenced in skin
11-08-2005 23:45:11 info loading skin file: dialogsubmenu.xml

not quite sure what is happening - whether the rss is causing a problem or is a victim....
and i disabled the web server. all is well - even accessing smb shares - that's a first :-)

so to summarise
turned off rss
cleaned tdata and udata
turned of web server

ok
... let's see if that fixed it
hi,

was wondering if it worked?

how do you turn of the webserver?

thanks!
the servers are located in settings, have a poke around there