Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Apple remote on Mac Mini seems to have to "wake up"?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When using my remote with XBMC on my Mini I normally have no issues at all, everything works perfectly.

Except...

When I first come to use it, it struggles. For the first 15-30 seconds or so the remote barely works - if I click play a dozen times, it might just do something. 15-30 seconds after my first attempt to use it, it'll be fine.

I've recently completely reinstalled my mac (from Leopard to Mountain Lion), and I've also switched from Boxee to XBMC Darwin. This issue has been persistent.

I have all power saving and screensavers turned off, and leave the mac switched on 24/7 and XBMC runs pretty much permanently.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
It kind of sounds like it's waiting for the hard drives to spin up. Might double check the hard drive options in the energy saver preference pane in Mac OS X, but other than that... not sure.
I do have them set to spin down, that's the only concession to energy saving I have. I would have thought spinning up would only take a few seconds though, and I'd argue they shouldn't even NEED to spin up since the program is already in memory and running... Silly macs.
OK, so I set the hard drives never to power down. Has made no difference.