Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Tag Generator (IMDb, Trakt, Oscars + Stand-up)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@zag Wouldn't the 'Get Keywords and Save as Tags from' feature of the Universal Movie Scraper do this?
An Idea for testing:
the "Univerlas Movie Scaper" fetches "Tags" (from themoviedb).
That way, I created some smartplaylists.

Be Water My Friend, Be Water (Bruce Lee) :-)

EDIT: ops, wellspokenman already said it.
Very cool! You learn a new thing everyday Smile
Hi wellspokenman,

My current understanding of the scheduler in Tag Generator is that it runs every X hours from Kodi start up, X being set in the settings screen.

Would it be possible to add a feature to be able to set the specific time of day that the tagging happens at?
For example, the Backup addon (Kodi Repo -> Program add-ons) uses a scheduler like this.

My use case is that I have a Raspberry Pi running 24/7 and I'd like the stand up tags to be updated every night at 3AM/4AM etc. while I am not using it.

Thanks for considering this and for making a great addon.
@zerocool: understood. You're not the first to request a better scheduler - I don't like the one we have now either. Will fix in 0.5
(2016-10-19, 10:36)wellspokenman Wrote: [ -> ]@zerocool: understood. You're not the first to request a better scheduler - I don't like the one we have now either. Will fix in 0.5
thanks so much! Smile
(2016-10-17, 12:38)wellspokenman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-30, 10:52)barbsy42 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-28, 03:06)wellspokenman Wrote: [ -> ]Fixed for Kodi 14 and 15, removed Trakt and Music. Use RSS instead of the normal URL - see OP. Have also submitted to the official repo now, so should be much easier to install and manage.

Is there any chance that the Trakt option could be re-added? The trakt plugin no longer supports tagging from watchlists since v3.0.
Oh - I didn't know that. I dropped trakt support when they changed their API so would have to rewrite it from scratch. No promises but I will have a look at their new API and see how much work is involved.

No worries, appreciate you looking into it.
wellspokenman, did you ever get a chance to look at the trakt api?
(2016-12-04, 13:49)barbsy42 Wrote: [ -> ]wellspokenman, did you ever get a chance to look at the trakt api?
Not yet, decided to make a fallout mod instead. Seemed very important at the time Smile
(2016-12-04, 13:49)barbsy42 Wrote: [ -> ]wellspokenman, did you ever get a chance to look at the trakt api?
Done.
awesome thanks so much, i will update it tonight and give it a whirl. Smile
has it been updated in the repository or will i need to manually update?
It's still pending approval for the main repo, but the 0.5 commit I've submitted is in the OP. Don't know how long submission takes these days, but it's been a week now, so shouldn't be too much longer.
Many thanks for this update, the possibility to use trakt playlists in kodi is awesome.

I have seen when you configure several trakt playlist the field "Trakt List Name" is repeated. Of course it is not a big issue but I am wondering if you could use playlist from other users.

For instance, there is a public playlist with all oscar winners for best picture maintained every year by an specific user. If I can use it in tag generator I would not have to update my own list every year in trakt.

Congratulations, very good work.
(2017-04-11, 17:35)wellspokenman Wrote: [ -> ]It's still pending approval for the main repo, but the 0.5 commit I've submitted is in the OP. Don't know how long submission takes these days, but it's been a week now, so shouldn't be too much longer.

I recently upgraded to krypton 17.3 and while checking if everyting works, I remembered, that you mentioned v0.5 but kodi only shows v0.4 as an available update. Did your addon did'nt approve, or does it take that long? (a shame, if so) :-)
(2017-06-15, 17:49)pacoviedo Wrote: [ -> ]Many thanks for this update, the possibility to use trakt playlists in kodi is awesome.

I have seen when you configure several trakt playlist the field "Trakt List Name" is repeated. Of course it is not a big issue but I am wondering if you could use playlist from other users.

For instance, there is a public playlist with all oscar winners for best picture maintained every year by an specific user. If I can use it in tag generator I would not have to update my own list every year in trakt.

Congratulations, very good work.

Thank you for the appreciation Smile

Maybe I wasn't clear in the interface, but what I meant with "Trakt List Name" was that you should provide the name of the Trakt List, then set your desired Kodi Tag, so it is supposed to repeat with each additional list. e.g.

Or maybe I misunderstand?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7