Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-02-28, 12:21)rbej Wrote: [ -> ]Remove "Add Both HDMI and analog audio output" patch resolved problem with black screen when seek online movie with new scheme buffering patch. But still random black screen when play online movie exist.

Do you get that with stock OE build (i.e. no patches?)
I remove all my patches and random black screen still exist.
Not sure if you guys saw my previous post, but in using the latest nightly rpi builds from the past week or so, the audio and video during playback gets out of sync pretty quickly and the sync seems to be off (whereas a month or two ago things seemed fine).

Here's a sample .ts file recorded by SageDCT that playsback fine on XBMC in Windows and on VLC, etc, but when I playback on my rpi, the video/audio isn't in sync.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f03xceuz30a5ky2/QaGIB8Gue2

Thoughts?
I have had the same issue since 2.99.1 the last two offical builds in openelec have had the out of sync audio for me. It seems to me it is across all the builds too. I have tried numerious Chris Swan and rbej builds. Glad it not just me hopefully we can get this fixed.
(2013-02-28, 15:47)LehighBri Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if you guys saw my previous post, but in using the latest nightly rpi builds from the past week or so, the audio and video during playback gets out of sync pretty quickly and the sync seems to be off (whereas a month or two ago things seemed fine).

Here's a sample .ts file recorded by SageDCT that playsback fine on XBMC in Windows and on VLC, etc, but when I playback on my rpi, the video/audio isn't in sync.

Thoughts?

Working perfect with this build. No out of sync.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1350100

Updated Frodo Branch

- remove Both HDMI and Analog audio output (dont work seek movies when hdmi and analog output is both on)

- add fix for audio toggle digital

- remove "Suspend" and "Hibernate" from XBMC shutdown menu (taken from Xbian)

Before update please remove smb://openelec/userdata/addon_data/skin.confluence folder
(2013-02-28, 15:47)LehighBri Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if you guys saw my previous post, but in using the latest nightly rpi builds from the past week or so, the audio and video during playback gets out of sync pretty quickly and the sync seems to be off (whereas a month or two ago things seemed fine).

Thoughts?

I can't reproduce it, neither. Did you try a clean install?

(2013-02-28, 16:40)rbej Wrote: [ -> ]Updated Frodo Branch

- remove Both HDMI and Analog audio output (dont work seek movies when hdmi and analog output is both on)

Which problem is the audio toggle digital fix addressing? In an earlier version of this post, I thought an issue with a repeated sound after stopping playback of a video or movie file has been solved, but unfortunately it hasn't Undecided
Fix for audio toggle digital

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2252

Updated Frodo Branch

- remove "Suspend" and "Hibernate" from XBMC shutdown menu (taken from Xbian)

Before update please remove smb://openelec/userdata/addon_data/skin.confluence folder

(2013-02-28, 16:40)rbej Wrote: [ -> ]Working perfect with this build. No out of sync.

Great... i'll try this tonight. What's the recommended way to do a clean install? Do I need to reformat my SD card and install from an .img file for some reason, or should I do what you have in most of your posts around removing guisettings.xml, etc etc.
I would first try a normal update, and if it doesn't help, remove the complete userdata folder (and restart), and if it doesn't help either, make a complete new installation to the sd card under linux via create_sdcard script (or under windows with an image file (for example from http://openelec.thestateofme.com/) and replacing the files in system partition (kernel.img, SYSTEM, bootloader.bin, etc.) with the files from folders "target" and "3rdparty").
(2013-02-28, 20:22)LehighBri Wrote: [ -> ]Great... i'll try this tonight. What's the recommended way to do a clean install? Do I need to reformat my SD card and install from an .img file for some reason, or should I do what you have in most of your posts around removing guisettings.xml, etc etc.

If you're booting entirely from SD card (your boot partition is set to /dev/mmcblk0p1) then just drop SYSTEM+KERNEL+MD5 in your Update folder and reboot.

Deleting guisettings.xml isn't a bad idea.

I would suggest not including a "user" advancedsettings.xml unless you want to change or add to the defaults which can be found in the system wide settings file in /usr/share/xbmc/system/advancedsettings.xml.
@MilhouseVH: Your recommended settings for the gui are the defaults, aren't they?
(2013-02-28, 20:54)hpbaxxter Wrote: [ -> ]Your recommended settings for the gui are the defaults, aren't they?

I'm not seeing these gui settings in the system-wide advancedsettings.xml, but it's possible they are now hard coded defaults (although I'd be a little surprised). If those gui settings are now the default and users are happy with the default 720p lookandfeel, and default network cache settings, then they probably don't need a "user" advancedsettings.xml file at all.

EDIT: Just ran a quick test with the gui settings removed and saw no difference in performance/load, so it looks like algorithmdirtyregions is enabled by default (at least on the Pi, which would make sense). I would now suggest people don't bother with their own advancedsettings.xml unless they want to change or augment the system defaults. Have edited my previous post to reflect this.
Time to test new scheme fixes Smile
@MilhouseVH: I personally found it confusing that in rbejs posts there are always instructions to change network settings in advancedsettings to specific values, as the system default advancedsettings file already contains these changes in his builds. As there are sometimes users with specific problems which can't be reproduced by others, I think that such (outdated and forgotten) settings could be the cause of such problems (also in guisettings). On the one hand, it's good to test as much settings and combinations as possible, on the other hand this should be done by experienced users.

So my intention was to limit the suggestions for settings for the advancedsettings.xml file to a suitable minimum, as I was really confused myself by the always changing recommended settings. I think the most important setting in rbejs build is the resolution switch to 900p or 1080p, and the splash screen disabled as you suggested.
(2013-02-28, 21:22)hpbaxxter Wrote: [ -> ]So my intention was to limit the suggestions for settings for the advancedsettings.xml file to a suitable minimum, as I was really confused myself by the always changing recommended settings. I think the most important setting in rbejs build is the resolution switch to 900p or 1080p, and the splash screen disabled as you suggested.

I totally agree, the system defaults can change from one build to the next but will always be overridden by the duplicate and static "user" settings which may introduce unwanted or undesirable behaviour, which may then be reported as a bug.

I've been on a bit of a crusade in the last couple of days suggesting to people that they should stop duplicating all of the default settings, as not only is it unnecessary in most cases, but also a potential source of problems in the future. Whether it will do any good I don't know! Smile

If anyone is unhappy with the system defaults then by all means create an advancedsettings.xml file and specify your own values, but there is no need to do it as a matter of course and certainly no need to duplicate the entire system settings - the user file is in addition to the system file, not a replacement.