Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With latest release i still have the same channel-changing-problem like described before.. but aspect and all the other small problems from the last month are gone.. thanks for the great work
I add this:

<network>
<alwaysforcebuffer>1</alwaysforcebuffer>
<cachemembuffersize>5242880</cachemembuffersize>
</network>

All Videos say: cache is full
I dont use alwaysforcebuffer and everything is fine.
Give it a installation guide for windows?

I use this:
http://tasksofohm.wordpress.com/hardware...pberry-pi/
@Koloss:

I think an easy (or at least acceptable) way for windows is to create an sd-card with the linux installer under linux once. Adjust the config.txt file, then you can use Win32DiskImager to create a backup. It's a handy, well tested and open source tool to write image files to sd-cards or usb-sticks, and you can read sd-cards into an image file as well to create a backup. Just select the sd-card under "Device" and choose a file name, then click the "Read" button. You can keep the created image file as a backup to write it to your sd-card again later, once you have screwed your installation.

After that you can insert the sd-card into your rpi, configure it and than take a backup of guisettings.xml and maybe some other configuration files (openelec settings addon for example). This way you can always revert to a fresh and configured, but outdated openelec which you can update before first boot with the files included in newer openelec builds (3rdparty and target ... rename KERNEL to kernel.img).

Earlier I used the images on sparky0815.de as it had images for all sd-card sizes up to 32 GB; however, this site is discontinued and the images are apparently no longer available. The images on thestateofme.com are only for 1 GB sd-cards, I don't know how they could be adjusted to full sd-card size. That's why I've chosen the procedure described above Smile
(2013-06-27, 18:45)PeaceMkr Wrote: [ -> ]With latest release i still have the same channel-changing-problem like described before.. but aspect and all the other small problems from the last month are gone.. thanks for the great work

There's a fix for this submitted:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2911
(2013-06-27, 08:56)rbej Wrote: [ -> ]Updated Gotham Branch

- updated Xbmc Gotham

- updated kernel

- updated new clock for OmxPlayer (many new fixes)

http://www22.zippyshare.com/v/25937283/file.html

Hi rbej,

i have tested your new version.
- Teletext scaling is OK on analog output
- Live-TV aspect ratio is OK for all channels
- Live-TV channel changing works 99%, it rarely results in a black screen for up to 10-15 seconds, but i suspect its a problem
of the overall CPU power because i run all on one PI.

Thank you for your work.

Best Regards
For me the 15 second blackscreen is is not on all channels. Do you need a log @ popcornmix ?
(2013-06-29, 16:43)Jönke Wrote: [ -> ]For me the 15 second blackscreen is is not on all channels. Do you need a log @ popcornmix ?

Yes, it could be useful.
I do now have a terrestrial dvb dongle (sd only) and I think I've seen the "slow channel change" issue, so I can probably solve it.
I don't get a good enough terrestrial signal at home, so will have to wait until I'm at work.
(2013-06-26, 19:41)Koloss Wrote: [ -> ]BIG PROBLEM: All files hangs after 5-10 seconds

I analyse the problem:

I click when the video played info

I see: 0% omx vb: 9830400 - the video stopped, then the value goto omx vb: 0 video for 5 seconds running and the same (loop), running to high value, stppped and then running to low value

Edit:
I think this is my Problem:
I have a cache problem?
On startup
(2013-06-26, 19:41)Koloss Wrote: [ -> ]can't open : /sbin/init/ line 49 var/config/settings.conf

In openelec 3.0.6:
I see 99% or 100% omx vb: 0 mostly
I tested openelec 3.1.0 and have the same problem updated from 3.0.6!
I see the fill buffer message in right edge!

I think this is a kernel(3.9.7) problem with smb-shares!!!
I dont have any problems with smb shares.
Updated Gotham branch

- updated firmware

- PVR fixes

http://www73.zippyshare.com/v/64213343/file.html
(2013-06-29, 22:53)rbej Wrote: [ -> ]I dont have any problems with smb shares.

This is wonderful for you and not for me!
In Openelec 3.0.x i have no problems with smb-shares!

Please not ignore my problem!